• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RS6000 where are they in the Infinity line-up

Brindabella

Well-Known Member
I have a pair of RS7's and Kappa 7's, fanastic speakers. Always looking to go higher and lower (looking for my first serious speaker when I was 16yrs; QE's) in the Infinity range. Where do the RS6000 feature in the Infinity line-up? :scratch2:

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't think I would put any of the RSxxxx series in the same league with the Kappa's.

They are not bad, but they need cab work. The xovers and drivers are fine. And the cabs are well thought out from a propagation standpoint with the rounded corners. But the way they got there was a lot of kerf cuts and then bent the wood. The result is a front corner that can't control the front baffle so they pump :(

If you can take the time to rebuild a pair and do the work to reinforce the front corners by filling with a low surface tension glue like Tightbond II or something, they can be made to sound quite nice :)
 
I have a pair of RS7's and Kappa 7's, fanastic speakers. Always looking to go higher and lower (looking for my first serious speaker when I was 16yrs; QE's) in the Infinity range. Where do the RS6000 feature in the Infinity line-up? :scratch2:

Thanks



http://manuals.harman.com/INF/HOM/Owner's Manual/RS1000-6000A om.pdf

If that does not work go here http://old.infinitysystems.com/home/product_support/default.aspx and pull the model from the list

If you like them then they are good.
 
Rs6000

Hold on a minute. There are two sets that people and the internet tend to get mixed up. The RS6000, and the Reference six's.

Biggest tell is the RS6000's had regular Emits, and poly domes for the mid,s and two 8" woofers. GREAT SPEAKER, :thmbsp: as is, a cab brace between the woofers tightened things up nicely. :yes:

The Reference Six's have an emit-r (round, last version) two stagered standard mid-ranges drivers, and a 10" woofer. 3 braces, new caps, real nice speakers. (I got two prs) :music:

I'd love to add a pair of RS6000's to the collection.

my two cents Stu
 
These are the RS6000's that have the regular Emits, and poly domes for the mid,s and two 8" woofers.

Need another pair speakers like I need a hole in the head..... but if they go for a good price, well, I am duty bound really aren't I.

Stu, what other infinity's do you own?
 
Back
Top Bottom