• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rush to tour next year! (2011)

Permanent Waves

Digital Man
(Updated)


1748.f.jpg



Rush will be extending their VERY successful 2010 Time Machine Tour http://www.billboard.com/#/events/hot-tours-rush-toby-keith-brad-paisley-1004123755.story for a second leg starting on March 30, 2011 at the Bank Atlantic Center Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

As of now (Dec. 2nd, 2010) here are the dates:


March 30, 2011 Bank Atlantic Center. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
April 1, 2011 Greensboro Coliseum. Greensboro, North Carolina
April 3, 2011 Bridgestone Arena. Nashville, Tennessee
April 5, 2011 KFC Yum! Center. Louisville, Kentucky
April 6, 2011 Huntington Center. Toledo, Ohio
April 8, 2011 Giant Center. Hershey, Pennsylvania
April 10, 2011 Madison Square Garden. New York, New York
April 12, 2011 United Center. Chicago, Illinois
April 15, 2011 Quickens Loans Arena. Cleveland, Ohio
April 17, 2011 Palace of Auburn Hills. Detroit, Michigan
April 19, 2011 Copps Coliseum. Hamilton, Ontario
April 20, 2011 Bell Centre. Montreal, Quebec
April 22, 2011 1st Mariner Arena. Baltimore, Maryland
May 4, 2011 Hartwall Arena. Helsinki, Finland
May 6, 2011 Globe. Stockholm, Sweden
May 8, 2011 Malmo Arena. Malmo, Sweden
May 12, 2011 O2. Dublin, Ireland
May 14, 2011 SECC Arena. Glasgow, Scotland
May 16, 2011 Motorpoint Arena. Sheffield, England
May 19, 2011 MEN Arena. Manchester, England
May 21, 2011 Metro Radio Arena. Newcastle, England
May 22, 2011 LG Arena. Birmingham, England
May 25, 2011 O2. London, England
May 27, 2011 Ahoy Arena. Rotterdam, Holland
May 29, 2011 Festhalle. Frankfurt, Germany

(More N. American dates will be added later, probably for a summer N. American leg).


Links with more info:

http://www.rush.com/low/tour.html

http://www.rushisaband.com/tour.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Machine_Tour


Woohoo! Inside dates for the US!!! :banana: Rush indoors is SOO much better than outdoors imo (not like outdoors isn't awesome as well). I haven't seen them indoors since 2002 on the Vapor Trails tour (quite possibly the best show I've ever seen btw). Looks like I'll finally be able to break the 10 show mark (I've seen them 9 times since '94 at least once on every tour/leg) with this tour! :music:

Only thing I'm a little disappointed about with this news is it means that their new album (Clockwork Angels), of which they have about 6 songs finished, will be pushed back to probably a late 2011 release (or even early 2012). :tears: It was rumored not long ago that they would be finishing it this Winter (after the finish of the Time Machine Tour this summer/fall) with an early Spring 2011 release. I'd rather have a new Rush album (especially given that the two songs released from it so far are so strong) than yet another tour iow.

But either are very good things and I'm hardly complaining! :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I saw them on their second go round of the Snakes and Arrows tour and the show was sweet! Love the album as well. I am really looking forward to the release of their new album so hearing that it may get pushed back is a little disappointing but I would love to see them on tour again! I agree, the two songs so far are very good.
 
Rush died a quick death after Moving Pictures but Signals was tolerable. They started touring around with Chalk Circle and they entered into the world of Fem.

Sometimes its just best that a band breaks up and leaves us with their legacy of music rather than just pump out generic cack just to squeeze out more of our hard earned dollers because they were big in the past. :yes:
 
Rush died a quick death after Moving Pictures but Signals was tolerable. They started touring around with Chalk Circle and they entered into the world of Fem.

Sometimes its just best that a band breaks up and leaves us with their legacy of music rather than just pump out generic cack just to squeeze out more of our hard earned dollers because they were big in the past. :yes:

...I don't know man, have you heard the two new songs they've been playing?, I really think both are solid, not quite as good as some of their other stuff, but far from filler.

Also, considering the show they put on, it's really not all that expensive - far less than several other bands, I was on the fence about seeing them, but I took the plunge, and it was very much worth it - i'm going to look into the new concerts on account of the one I saw.

They seem to enjoy playing, so why not stick together, because of a couple of not-as-good albums?, hardly a reason...sure, they changed genre and blended a bit, but it's a double-edged sword, they either change a lot and loose some fans, but maintain creative integrity, or stick to the same stuff, and be lambasted for never changing. Neither is ideal, but that's typically the case.

Anyway, i'll look into the new tour dates - but at the same time really hope the new album doesn't get pushed back to far:sigh:
 
...I don't know man, have you heard the two new songs they've been playing?, I really think both are solid, not quite as good as some of their other stuff, but far from filler.

Also, considering the show they put on, it's really not all that expensive - far less than several other bands, I was on the fence about seeing them, but I took the plunge, and it was very much worth it

my brother-in-law had tickets a couple of years back, i told him to take his wife.

nothing that they put out will ever hold a candle to the past. to me its a waste, I would rather hear something new/different than a band trying reach its former self. 2 words: CASH COW!
 
my brother-in-law had tickets a couple of years back, i told him to take his wife.

nothing that they put out will ever hold a candle to the past. to me its a waste, I would rather hear something new/different than a band trying reach its former self. 2 words: CASH COW!

guess they're trying to stay eligible for a Super Bowl halftime gig :lmao:
 
Hmmm, back when Time Machine tour was announced, I heard 40 dates for 2010, and 75 for 2011. Now there's news that they'll be playing different markets for 2011. I hope they come near my area again, the SLC show was awesome! I'll take another tour with a show that I can see over an earlier release for Clockwork Angels. :yes:
 
I'm not sure how many times I've seen Rush, started back in the late 70's or early 80's. I've learned every not Geddy Lee has ever played, the guys can still kick butt. I did notice on the last tour that a lot of their concert are songs that you have to keep up with the band to know. I really enjoyed hearing all of Moving Pictures but I'd be just as happy hearing all of Grace under Pressure...here's my take...Neal Peart used to tell stories...fascinating stories...I think lately he's been sorting things out in his mind, and he's kind of a heavy...and the songs don't really take you away or make you forget about your own heaviness, because they're somebody else's heaviness. If I were their producer, I'd let them know it's time for another concept album and it must be all fiction and nothing about what Peart thinks. I would also bring back more keyboards...but that's me
 
Rush is a breath of fresh air when it comes to "live" performances and musical talent. A great band that sounds good live and not just on the album, unlike alot of other bands I've heard. I have a great respect for bands that stay together that long and have fun like they do on stage. Pink Floyd is another band that sounded as good live as they did on the album. And even if there ever was any differences, they sounded just as good, if not better.

I see that a few others don't care so much for the newer material. For me, I'd rather here Rush perform a song a didn't so much care for, than listen to some "cover band" perform a well known favorite from Rush..............Rush could play "Culture Club" and "Wham" covers and I'd still pay the ticket price to see them live.:D....LOL. Just because of there talented musical abilities and because of who they are.

Hope they come around soon!...:rockon:
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen them since the late seventies. I don't imagine they put on quite the same show today(?!), but if they came to Hong Kong, I'd be happy to see them again.
 
I completely disagree with the statement that they haven't put out anything good since Moving Pictures. True, that album and some before was Rush in their prime but they have continuted to release interesting, inventive songs. Even some of their old albums were harshly reviewed by critics. Their first album and carress of steel both received negative reviews, while I believe they are some of their strongest work. I agree with the fact that Rush changed a lot in the mid to late 80's to a sound I don't particularly like. But they still seem to enjoy those songs and hearing them live is an entire different experience than hearing the recordings. I actually like their live songs that I would not usually enjoy so much when listening to a recording. I kind of view Roll the Bones as their comeback album. It was the early 90's and it really captures the time period while still doing something new, inventive, and refreshing. There are some strong songs on that album that brought them out of their shrill, canned 80's sound. After that I felt they got better and better. I thoroughly enjoy Snakes and Arrows and feel it is easily as strong as Moving Pictures. It is not the same and I really disagree that they are attempting to be their old selves. You have to listen to each album alone without trying to compare it to others. If you give Snakes and Arrows an unbiased listen I feel it deserves respect. There is a great variety of music that is something truly different from what other bands are doing today. To me, that's what Rush is about. They do their own thing, not what producers tell them to do. They've been this way since they began playing and they continue to be that way today. I'm not trying to force anyone to be a Rush fan, I just constantly hear bashing of their new work that I feel is unfair. Their new work is not their old and we shouldn't expect it to be.

P.S. EPI-Center - I agree, I am ready for another concept album as well. They knock those out of the park!
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen them since the late seventies. I don't imagine they put on quite the same show today(?!), but if they came to Hong Kong, I'd be happy to see them again.

No more silk robes or great mustaches, but I'd say that they but on a better show these days. :D The light show and occasional pyrotechnics are awesome. The band has more fun and plays with greater energy these days. Well, I'm going by the DVDs I've seen, since I was born in 86. It's quite impressive how they can play so hard and so long, even with all the band members in their mid-late 50s.
 
Doesn't Rush tour every year?

Depends where you live I guess... Rush came for the first time to chile this year a month ago, they ended their south american tour here, and they got to play in front of a 45000+ audience. Great show it was realy great to finally see them live I had missed a few shows by a day or 2 in the states when I was visiting.
 
I have to disagree with the comment that Rush's post Moving Pictures work isn't any good.
All bands go through phases and changes, and Rush is no different.
While my favorite Rush material is Moving Pictures and back, there are legions of Rush fans whose favorite material is their post MP catalog.
Having seen them almost a dozen times through the years, half the times on all of the tours from Vapor Trails up this past show on the Time Machine Tour, I have to say that Rush is better than ever.
They keep putting out quality material, better than all of their contemporaries.
My son saw Rush for the first time this past summer on the Time Machine Tour.
He loved it.
He's of the "latter" material fan base and I can't fault him for it.
After all, one's taste in music is subjective. You may like it, but I sure don't have to.
Anyway, I can't wait to see them again and for the new album to come out.
The two cuts they played at the show, and have released, are fantastic.
I'm hoping they swing through my area again on the second leg, but if they don't, I'll just wait for the new album and the tour that will surely follow.

ps, exactly WHY isn't Rush in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame yet?
Perhaps it's because the RRHOF is irrelevant?
 
Hoping they come to Alpine Valley WI. I work there, and I'd love to have an easy show without any injury or court appearance required.

Second leg in the heat of summer. They did do a Milwaukee show last summer so maybe not.
 
Will be seeing them in Toledo in 2 weeks! Can't wait. Did anyone else notice that record store day is the release of Caravan/BU2B on Vinyl?
 
Rolling Stone interviewed (I know! It only took them over 30 years to start to come around :rolleyes:) Alex and Geddy at the Madison Square Garden show; as you can see they are still playing effortlessly and tight as ever (besides some strain in Ged's voice) and their trademark humor is also intact:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/04/12/2566/New-Rush-video-interview-backstage-from-Madison-Square-Garden

Eddie Trunk had this to say after seeing the show:

"Rush were amazing last night at MSG. A perfect example of a band that is close to 40 years in, still the same guys, still at the top of their game. They have lost nothing! One of the most talented trios in history and such a cool connection with their audience which was a packed house last night. Songs from all eras including all of Moving Pictures, cool stage show, amazing sound. Just amazing. Long live Rush, and **** THE R&R HALL!"

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/428093/pid/401816

(He also tweeted that actor Paul Rudd was right by him in the audience).

And a Rush reference made it onto Letterman (wow!):

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/video/?pid=KRKnoivYLT7mN9k_5uwbkkqV2Y_dFPXp&vs=Default&play=true

It's about 2 1/2 minutes in.

Can't wait to see them in a couple months! :banana:
 
Tonight Rush will film their first US concert in entirety for an upcoming DVD/Bluray (and hopefully cd too) release in Cleveland, OH.

Rush nerds like me know why Cleveland and Rush have a unique relationship/history (without Cleveland and a certain Donna Halper there may never have been a Rush!), but for those who don't, here's some good articles released in conjunction with tonight's show summing it up:

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/04/for_rock_power_trio_rush_cleve.html

http://www.cleveland.com/popmusic/index.ssf/2011/04/after_donna_halper_gave_workin.html

(Rush's first U.S. show wasn't in Cleveland as erroneously stated, it was in Lansing, Michigan:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/740518story.htm)

And here's a link for more info about tonight's historic show (including a protest at the RnR Hall of Shame lol):

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2011/04/15/2574/Rush-2011-Time-Machine-Tour-Cleveland-open-thread


The current leg of the Time Machine Tour is selling well, including some venues selling out, just as all recent Rush tours (post 2000) have been and all Rush tours always have (afaik anyways, at least after their early years, i.e. '76 onwards):

http://www.billboard.com/events/hot-tours-usher-lady-gaga-rush-1005133972.story#/events/hot-tours-usher-lady-gaga-rush-1005133972.story

Rush, 35+ years on, are going as strong as ever and may even be more popular now than ever (so many pop culture Rush appearances and references in the past 10 years they are literally uncountable, as are all the musicians/celebs/famous people who have "come out of the Rush closet" and admit to being Rush fans or have been seen at their shows). Man, if it weren't for the vacation I'm going to combine with the Phoenix show I would of gone to this one. Still thinking maybe I should of as well!

Have fun to any going to tonight's show and be loud for the cameras! lol
 
Back
Top Bottom