Mat86
Active Member
So a few weeks ago I noticed the sound on my Pioneer was out of balance, with anything below 12-o'clock having more volume in the right than left channel (I did my testing with the headphone jack fwiw). It was like the right ear got more volume and the left less, then it would roll over and both would equalize (so both channels were off, not just 1 lower)
Tried cleaning it and moving it around a bunch, and now it only reaches balance at 7/10 volume. FML. And since it's not tracking in a linear way, I'd have to re-adjust the balance knob for every volume I settle on. This is one of the models with the balance and volume controlled through 2 wipers on the same pot.
Is this fixable or an issue that needs tinkering with, or indicative of something straight failing?
Tried cleaning it and moving it around a bunch, and now it only reaches balance at 7/10 volume. FML. And since it's not tracking in a linear way, I'd have to re-adjust the balance knob for every volume I settle on. This is one of the models with the balance and volume controlled through 2 wipers on the same pot.
Is this fixable or an issue that needs tinkering with, or indicative of something straight failing?