• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SA-8800: Cracking, LED flickering on power up? How serious?

whitecastle

Partial to Pioneer
When I power on a newly acquired SA-8800, I hear a fizzing, crackling sound coming from inside, and the LED flickers while his sound is happening - then it seems to sort itself out and works fine after the distinctive CLICK sound.

I suspect it's related to power, as I have my SG-9500 and CTF-850 plugged in to it, and the lights on those flicker in sequence with the display on the SA-8800.

Any ideas? Does this mean I need to replace something immediately? Is a cap about to pop?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom