• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SA 9500II Issue: New Thread Old Problem: I Need Help Please!!!!

Thanks Goat67 and Mark for the time savers. I may as well put together my SX 1250 order now and just tack these on at the end. I finally got a day off today so I'll pick up again when I get back at work with the new batteries in the meter. I did some research on the stv4h and get the feeling, if I need a new one of those, I am SOOL. All this manipulation can't be good for the stinky little wires on those. I've tried to be as careful as possible with them.

Busted wires on the stv-4h are just an inconvenience (and a bit of an expen$e.. ) nowadays, since I can usually FIX them to better than new with stranded wire and epoxy.

Just don't bend them near the body, keep that part stable.


And before ordering 1250 parts off the various posts, could you post what you are going to get, and I'll check it against various lists of mine that haven't been consolidated. might have a few suggestions, or not...
 
q1 2sa798 a b
dual transistor

q2,3 2sc1903 xxx to-126 ecb 150v 50mA 1W 150hfe 130mhz
q4 2sa898 xxxxxx to-126 ecb 150v 50mA 1W 150hfe 100mhz
512-KSA1381es x to-126 ecb 300v .1a x 1.2/7w 150mhz 40-320hfe $0.27 ea
512-KSC3503estu to-126 ecb 300v .1a x 1.2/7w 150mhz 40-320hfe $0.28 ea
(these are standard #'s as well: 2sa1381/2sc3503)


q5 2sd381 driver to-220 bce 120v 1.5a 40-250hfe 40mhz
q6 2sb536 driver to-220 bce 120v 1.5a 40-250hfe 40mhz
512-KSA940TU_Q pnp to-220 bce 150v 1.5a 25w 4mhz 40-140hfe $0.54
512-KSC2073TU npn to-220 bce 150v 1.5a 25w 4mhz 40-140hfe $0.54
or
863-MJE15033G pnp to-220 bce 250v 8a 50w 30mhz 70hfe $0.87
863-MJE15032G npn to-220 bce 250v 8a 50w 30mhz 70hfe $0.87

Thanks Mark
These are a much better match on The FT then the replacement suggestions.
 
Mark, I'm not sure if you remember my thread where I collected numerous clips of AK info into a .doc. I updated the document in that thread on 8/8/09 with parts info provided by you. I was planning on using the parts inventory from that document. It is here:

http://www.adrive.com/public/247202a9a4158c4200ed5afe13e7e64cb556b05d3b8bc63baab73bdb4e00ae57.html

Peruse it and if it is not up to date post your updates in that thread here:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=225933

I will then update the document with any changes you have made. Thanks for the time involved in this effort. I was hoping that thread would get seen and used more but it seem to be lost in the archives. There is a lot of great info there from all you gurus. I'll try to do the consolidation for you.
 
I was concerned with the cap types, there are some odd choices in some lists...

Everything looks ok

<snip>
Cap rules of thumb (nichicon)

I use upw, uhe for general caps including signal coupling in that order depending upon stock "cea"
I use ues, uep & uvp in that order for bipolar depending on stock
I use ukl for low leakage caps (in sensitive areas they reduce the noise floor)"ceanl", "cssa", "csza"
0.1uf to 2 uf I use stacked film where they fit: DFS and ECQ

solid aluminum and tantalum caps get stacked film when possible, or ukl's otherwise. "cssa" "csza"

c?B means it's an axial cap = one lead on each end
c?a = radial = both leads on one end<snip>
 
Livin4, in so many words, no. I had to pack up my whole bench setup at work because the new supervisor said no personal stuff can be in the building. Shortly after that I moved and the 9500II sits on my shelf. I did order all the new transistors, but have not had the balls to open it back up. I have been spending time with smaller, less stressful, projects. I will get back at this unit. IIRC, I lost a trace when pulling the same parts in and out for testing so I am going to have to learn about how to repair traces or create a jumper in its place. Thanks for asking.
 
Back
Top Bottom