cabkab
New Member
Hey guys,
I snatched up a rackmount SAE + Soundcraftsman hi fi stereo gear and I'm trying to figure out if I should sell this stuff or if I should try to set my system up with it. What I have is an SAE 2100L Preamp, SAE 2800 Parametric EQ, Soundcraftsmen Pro Power 10 power amp. It seems like I could get $300-400 for each unit on eBay. I am considering selling the three units to buy a decent silverface/walnut receiver that would look nice next my turntable. Otherwise, If I decide to keep the SAE gear I found a nice walnut 4u rack enclosure to house the blackface SAE 2100L preamp but it isn't quite as pretty as a silver/walnut receiver and it's not cheap.
How would my SAE 2100L rack preamp and Soundcraftsman power amp stack up against the decent silverface receivers that are out there? Am I already in a different league with what I have?
Are there any great vintage receivers to be had in the sub-$1k range?
FYI, My turntable is a Sony PS-X70 and my speakers are Aerial 10T.
I snatched up a rackmount SAE + Soundcraftsman hi fi stereo gear and I'm trying to figure out if I should sell this stuff or if I should try to set my system up with it. What I have is an SAE 2100L Preamp, SAE 2800 Parametric EQ, Soundcraftsmen Pro Power 10 power amp. It seems like I could get $300-400 for each unit on eBay. I am considering selling the three units to buy a decent silverface/walnut receiver that would look nice next my turntable. Otherwise, If I decide to keep the SAE gear I found a nice walnut 4u rack enclosure to house the blackface SAE 2100L preamp but it isn't quite as pretty as a silver/walnut receiver and it's not cheap.
How would my SAE 2100L rack preamp and Soundcraftsman power amp stack up against the decent silverface receivers that are out there? Am I already in a different league with what I have?
Are there any great vintage receivers to be had in the sub-$1k range?
FYI, My turntable is a Sony PS-X70 and my speakers are Aerial 10T.