• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SAE 8000 needing cleaning, alignment and tech update

Cosmos

Speakerholic
Hello all,

I've been absent from AK for many years, but that's on the mend.

Tonight I fired up a SAE 8000 that hasn't been used in years. I've owned it since new and bought it while in college. It's not the best tuner out there, but it means a lot to me.

It's operational and there is no problem with the display, which is a rarity. However, it's only getting a couple channels. I am in Michigan and looking someone to get this unit back working the way it should.

Is Tuner X still working on tuners? If not, anyone know of a service source?

Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Mmmm could be..
Hey Mike. It's been a long time Lol. Would you be willing to take a look at her and fix her up? There was a tech service bulletin put out by SAE to save the LED segments from failing - perhaps this unit was a later one and why it survived, i think a resistor value limiting current was changed, I'd like that done too! I had a copy of the tech bulletin somewhere - if I can find it.... You are near Flint, right?
 
Last edited:
Schematics, and service notes are about as close as you will get to a service manual. Available at hifiengine.
 
Back
Top Bottom