This system was up on the 'bay a couple of days ago for $15K "BUY IT NOW". Apparently, he/she only received a high bid of $7,500. So now the sky is the limit. Shipping this stack could cost from $2,750 to $6K.
I think the seller meant to lower his price from $15K to $12,900 !!!
I am a SAE nut myself (see my avatar), but this is too much for my wallet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAE-and-ESS-Monster-400-Watt-RMS-Home-Audio-System-Mint_W0QQitemZ130257529302QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130257529302&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
[I inserted the body of the ad below just in case the ad gets pulled by the powers that be.]
SAE and ESS Monster 400 Watt RMS Home Audio System Mint
For the audiophile who has it all: Except the very best
Item number: 130257529302
BUY IT NOW price: US $129,900.00
Make Offer >No payments until 2009 - new eBay MasterCard
End time: Oct-22-08 20:55:16 PDT (19 days 2 hours)
Shipping costs:
Freight - Check item description or contact seller for details
Ships to: United States
Item location: Painesville, OH, United States
History: 3 Offers
You can also:
Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: Show
Meet the seller
Seller: timesharesandtreasures( 11)
Feedback: 100 % Positive
Member: since Jan-25-01 in United States
See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items
Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 11 | 100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected
Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility
Description (revised)
Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: Refurbished
Description:
If you know these tradenames, you know what this is:
Scientific Audio Electronics (SAE), ESS Heil AMT
400 watts RMS of killer "sound as clear as light".
Rack-mounted dual SAE 2600 and SAE A501 amps, SAE 2500 parametric equalizer, SAE 4100 Ambience delay, SAE 2100L Pre-Amp, Monster Power HTS 5100 Home Theatre Power Center. Six 80-pound 400 watt RMS Air Motion Transformer speakers: 2 front-stage ESS Heil AMT 1-C speakers, 2 front-stage ESS Heil Rock3 Monitors, 2 ambience-delay ESS Heil AMT 1-C speakers, monster cable connectivity between components and speakers and so much more ....
Over the years, I've spent $15,000 to build the sound system of my dreams. This is not only an audiophile's delight but a collector's item worth every cent of the asking price. SAE and ESS have passed out of existence. But their legacy lives on in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right buyer. Our moving to a smaller condo means I have to sell. This system simply needs more space than the condo offers for it to breathe its true firepower. We live far enough from our neighbors to play this without causing too much concern. The condo will not permit me that luxury.
This system has a complete wall of sound with ambience delay. One amp (SAE A501 - 250 watts RMS) pumps out its firepower to my main "wall" of sound: one set of ESS AMT 1-C speakers, another set of ESS Rock3 Monitors. Another amp (SAE 2600 - 400 watts RMS) pumps out delayed firepower to a set of ESS AMT 1-C speakers directly behind and off to each side of my listening area. Words cannot describe the supremely clean highs and lows this monster wall of sound produces. There is not a weak link in this system. Each speaker sits on four Dayton Audio Chrome Speaker Spikes. No vibration gets transfered to the floor. And carpeting cannot dull the sound of these speakers that now "float in air". I've got monster cable out to each speaker, monster cable connecting all the amps and components, I've got Monster Cable Z1 connecting my main amp to the preamp. Combined with the SAE rack-mounted amps, preamp, delay, equalizer and the Monster Power HTS 5100 Home Theatre Reference Power Center to clean up the electricity out of the power outlet - it's a sound you have to hear to believe. This system is so powerful I've played two huge wedding receptions with this setup - and it ROCKED.
I have a lot of the original manuals. One of the best is the one for the SAE 2800 Parametric Equalizer that gives you hints on how to fine-tune the sound. In the meantime, there is one 15-band equalizer and a dual 31-band equalizer to get you up and running quickly with great sound. I also have documented the sweet settings where you can play all types of music - a kind of setup and go so you're enjoying great sound right away. Of course, this system is made for the audiophile who loves tweaking the sound. You don't need a PHD to figure this stuff out but the variations are endless. It's a blast tuning to your listening environment. I also have an extra bass speaker (excellent condition) that is a spare for the AMT 1-Cs. I've posted pictures of all this stuff at the bottom of this ad.
Update 10/3/2008: I purchased locking casters for the six speakers (The speaker spikes can be mounted again at will). The casters will hold up to 200 pounds so the speakers will be mobile (like the main rack-mounted unit that is on casters). Makes playing wedding receptions a whole lot easier. I'm purchasing a separate DJ'ing PA Sound System that I'll throw in for a BIN offer. If this system doesn't sell, I'm going to increase the gigs I play with this beauty. Easily nets $1000 per wedding reception. And there is no wedding reception that this system can't handle. The system sells itself for future gigs while playing current gigs. That's because once prospective honey-mooners hear it - THEY WANT IT.
And what's best of all, this is really an investment. After 25 years, a car becomes antique in the U.S.A. At 20 years it bottoms out in price and then after that: It keeps going up in value - especially when it has been refurbished. Both amps and the 4100 delay have been refurbished to good as new. You won't find this kind of sound system in this great shape anywhere. All six speakers have been refurbished. And the SAE equipment and speakers range in age from 27-30 years. That's antique, folks. That's an investment that's going to keep going up in value. Of course, I'll give serious consideration to any reasonably high offer. Buy it now, and I'll personally deliver it and set it up (continental U.S.A. only).
I've already turned down an offer of $7500 so any lower bids will be automatically declined in the future. I'm looking for serious bidders only. Don't be afraid to offer whatever you feel it's worth. I'm sure there's a deal to be made for the right offer. If there are no takers, I will definitely make room for this system in the condo. I'll just have to keep the volume down some
I will add to this description as time goes on. Email if you have questions.
This system is for the true audiophile who appreciates the power and beauty of this classic equipment, and "sound that is clear as light". This system is for the audiophile who has everything - except the very best.
Thanks for looking!
Payment:
Payment can be made by: Paypal, money order, personal check. If you pay by e-check through paypal items will be sent after they clear.
Shipping:
Shipping is estimated at between $2750 to $6000 professionally crated, insured, and delivered to your door by diesel truck with lift gate for the nearly ½ ton of audio equipment shown. Shipping costs vary based on your distance from North-east Ohio. Bear in mind the shipping costs could be significantly higher if you live on the West Coast but I'm guessing no more than $6000 maximum. You will only pay actual shipping/crating costs. I do not profit from shipping costs. Of course, you can save all this shipping by renting a truck for local pickup. This system is available ONLY IN THE CONTINENTAL 48 STATES, ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. Sorry - NO WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada, you'll be paying some hefty shipping costs. But, the items will be professionally crated, insured, and shipped safely - even if you live in Hawaii. Thank you for not bidding if you live outside the continental 48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
No affiliation with this sale......
I think the seller meant to lower his price from $15K to $12,900 !!!
I am a SAE nut myself (see my avatar), but this is too much for my wallet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SAE-and-ESS-Monster-400-Watt-RMS-Home-Audio-System-Mint_W0QQitemZ130257529302QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130257529302&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
[I inserted the body of the ad below just in case the ad gets pulled by the powers that be.]
SAE and ESS Monster 400 Watt RMS Home Audio System Mint
For the audiophile who has it all: Except the very best
Item number: 130257529302
BUY IT NOW price: US $129,900.00
Make Offer >No payments until 2009 - new eBay MasterCard
End time: Oct-22-08 20:55:16 PDT (19 days 2 hours)
Shipping costs:
Freight - Check item description or contact seller for details
Ships to: United States
Item location: Painesville, OH, United States
History: 3 Offers
You can also:
Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: Show
Meet the seller
Seller: timesharesandtreasures( 11)
Feedback: 100 % Positive
Member: since Jan-25-01 in United States
See detailed feedback
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items
Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 11 | 100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected
Up to $200 in buyer protection. See eligibility
Description (revised)
Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: Refurbished
Description:
If you know these tradenames, you know what this is:
Scientific Audio Electronics (SAE), ESS Heil AMT
400 watts RMS of killer "sound as clear as light".
Rack-mounted dual SAE 2600 and SAE A501 amps, SAE 2500 parametric equalizer, SAE 4100 Ambience delay, SAE 2100L Pre-Amp, Monster Power HTS 5100 Home Theatre Power Center. Six 80-pound 400 watt RMS Air Motion Transformer speakers: 2 front-stage ESS Heil AMT 1-C speakers, 2 front-stage ESS Heil Rock3 Monitors, 2 ambience-delay ESS Heil AMT 1-C speakers, monster cable connectivity between components and speakers and so much more ....
Over the years, I've spent $15,000 to build the sound system of my dreams. This is not only an audiophile's delight but a collector's item worth every cent of the asking price. SAE and ESS have passed out of existence. But their legacy lives on in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right buyer. Our moving to a smaller condo means I have to sell. This system simply needs more space than the condo offers for it to breathe its true firepower. We live far enough from our neighbors to play this without causing too much concern. The condo will not permit me that luxury.
This system has a complete wall of sound with ambience delay. One amp (SAE A501 - 250 watts RMS) pumps out its firepower to my main "wall" of sound: one set of ESS AMT 1-C speakers, another set of ESS Rock3 Monitors. Another amp (SAE 2600 - 400 watts RMS) pumps out delayed firepower to a set of ESS AMT 1-C speakers directly behind and off to each side of my listening area. Words cannot describe the supremely clean highs and lows this monster wall of sound produces. There is not a weak link in this system. Each speaker sits on four Dayton Audio Chrome Speaker Spikes. No vibration gets transfered to the floor. And carpeting cannot dull the sound of these speakers that now "float in air". I've got monster cable out to each speaker, monster cable connecting all the amps and components, I've got Monster Cable Z1 connecting my main amp to the preamp. Combined with the SAE rack-mounted amps, preamp, delay, equalizer and the Monster Power HTS 5100 Home Theatre Reference Power Center to clean up the electricity out of the power outlet - it's a sound you have to hear to believe. This system is so powerful I've played two huge wedding receptions with this setup - and it ROCKED.
I have a lot of the original manuals. One of the best is the one for the SAE 2800 Parametric Equalizer that gives you hints on how to fine-tune the sound. In the meantime, there is one 15-band equalizer and a dual 31-band equalizer to get you up and running quickly with great sound. I also have documented the sweet settings where you can play all types of music - a kind of setup and go so you're enjoying great sound right away. Of course, this system is made for the audiophile who loves tweaking the sound. You don't need a PHD to figure this stuff out but the variations are endless. It's a blast tuning to your listening environment. I also have an extra bass speaker (excellent condition) that is a spare for the AMT 1-Cs. I've posted pictures of all this stuff at the bottom of this ad.
Update 10/3/2008: I purchased locking casters for the six speakers (The speaker spikes can be mounted again at will). The casters will hold up to 200 pounds so the speakers will be mobile (like the main rack-mounted unit that is on casters). Makes playing wedding receptions a whole lot easier. I'm purchasing a separate DJ'ing PA Sound System that I'll throw in for a BIN offer. If this system doesn't sell, I'm going to increase the gigs I play with this beauty. Easily nets $1000 per wedding reception. And there is no wedding reception that this system can't handle. The system sells itself for future gigs while playing current gigs. That's because once prospective honey-mooners hear it - THEY WANT IT.
And what's best of all, this is really an investment. After 25 years, a car becomes antique in the U.S.A. At 20 years it bottoms out in price and then after that: It keeps going up in value - especially when it has been refurbished. Both amps and the 4100 delay have been refurbished to good as new. You won't find this kind of sound system in this great shape anywhere. All six speakers have been refurbished. And the SAE equipment and speakers range in age from 27-30 years. That's antique, folks. That's an investment that's going to keep going up in value. Of course, I'll give serious consideration to any reasonably high offer. Buy it now, and I'll personally deliver it and set it up (continental U.S.A. only).
I've already turned down an offer of $7500 so any lower bids will be automatically declined in the future. I'm looking for serious bidders only. Don't be afraid to offer whatever you feel it's worth. I'm sure there's a deal to be made for the right offer. If there are no takers, I will definitely make room for this system in the condo. I'll just have to keep the volume down some
I will add to this description as time goes on. Email if you have questions.
This system is for the true audiophile who appreciates the power and beauty of this classic equipment, and "sound that is clear as light". This system is for the audiophile who has everything - except the very best.
Thanks for looking!
Payment:
Payment can be made by: Paypal, money order, personal check. If you pay by e-check through paypal items will be sent after they clear.
Shipping:
Shipping is estimated at between $2750 to $6000 professionally crated, insured, and delivered to your door by diesel truck with lift gate for the nearly ½ ton of audio equipment shown. Shipping costs vary based on your distance from North-east Ohio. Bear in mind the shipping costs could be significantly higher if you live on the West Coast but I'm guessing no more than $6000 maximum. You will only pay actual shipping/crating costs. I do not profit from shipping costs. Of course, you can save all this shipping by renting a truck for local pickup. This system is available ONLY IN THE CONTINENTAL 48 STATES, ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND CANADA. Sorry - NO WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada, you'll be paying some hefty shipping costs. But, the items will be professionally crated, insured, and shipped safely - even if you live in Hawaii. Thank you for not bidding if you live outside the continental 48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
No affiliation with this sale......
