Danzilla
Active Member
Hey. I think most of us that shop the local sales regularly have a few listings they've seen a little too late that were so wrong we can even feel bad for the seller. Happened to me today and I wanted to share. I don't imagine having had a shot at it, being already "sold" and posted 10 hours before I saw it today. It's just that the price was SOOOOO wrong I had to mention it to someone. Anyway, here it is.

A Marantz model 7 tube preamplifier, listed as "Marantz Stereo Console". How much? Well it's missing the center switch covers and even though he was told it was working, he couldn't get it to work... so $30! <sound of me weeping>
I wanted to post in either Marantz or tube audio section (hadn't decided), but wasn't sure with a price included... even though it's already sold and a ridiculous price to boot. So played it safe and here it is in D&S. Enjoy.
Maybe post your own most memorable sale that was close to bringing you to tears...? Not just a good deal at 1/2 price or even a steal at 1/10 the value. Just any real heart stoppers, like this one at maybe 1/100 of the value.

A Marantz model 7 tube preamplifier, listed as "Marantz Stereo Console". How much? Well it's missing the center switch covers and even though he was told it was working, he couldn't get it to work... so $30! <sound of me weeping>
I wanted to post in either Marantz or tube audio section (hadn't decided), but wasn't sure with a price included... even though it's already sold and a ridiculous price to boot. So played it safe and here it is in D&S. Enjoy.
Maybe post your own most memorable sale that was close to bringing you to tears...? Not just a good deal at 1/2 price or even a steal at 1/10 the value. Just any real heart stoppers, like this one at maybe 1/100 of the value.
Last edited: