• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Same Ad keeps popping up!?

R-2-R

Super Member
For the past couple of days now....every time I log on to AK and start to go through the forum I keep encountering an Ad for a Discover Card that keeps appearing as a full screen attention getter, then drops down as a box on the lower section on my screen?

It does not matter what section of the forum I am on, it'll just keep popping up?

I always delete it but it will continuously pop up from time to time and having to always having to delete it!

Anyone else here at the forum encountered this same problem?.....or is just me?

If so what did you do to stop it from popping up, etc.?

I belong to several other forums and never have this problem.

Any help or assistance would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the tip, though like I stated before, this pop up Ad BS only happens when I am logged on AK?

Never happens when I am logged on to other forums. :dunno:
 
Last edited:
For the past couple of days now....every time I log on to AK and start to go through the forum I keep encountering an Ad for a Discover Card that keeps appearing as a full screen attention getter, then drops down as a box on the lower section on my screen?

It does not matter what section of the forum I am on, it'll just keep popping up?

I always delete it but it will continuously pop up from time to time and having to always having to delete it!

Anyone else here at the forum encountered this same problem?.....or is just me?

If so what did you do to stop it from popping up, etc.?

I belong to several other forums and never have this problem.

Any help or assistance would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
I was also seeing them, but not recently.
 
Well so far today, the couple of times that I have logged on here to AK I have not encountered any of those Discover Card ads?

Hopefully that's the end of it?
 
Well that didn't take long! :dunno:

After just one day of not getting that annoying Discover Card ad, wouldn't you know it! :no:

It's now back! :mad:

Damn it!!!!!!!!! :rant:
 
Don't know what to tell you, I never see any ads, anywhere.

I also use uBlock Oriign and, like you, never see advertisements. But, within, say, the last 3-4 weeks, I have started seeing BLANK SPACE where an advertisement is intended to "appear", i.e.:

upload_2022-8-26_16-40-26.jpeg


I see this whatever-it-is two, maybe three, times per "full page" of a given thread.

There is never, thus far, anything "in it" besides the word ADVERTISEMENT.
 
Yes! I have been getting that! Never happens on my desktop, just my Android phone; ALWAYS happens when looking at New Posts, when not logged in...pretty sure whether on home WiFi or not I get it...but seems somewhat suppressed if signed in and on Recent Posts...Malwarebytes does not seem to touch it :(
 
As for myself.....that **** only happens when I am logged on using my laptop....never on my iphone.

But "only" specifically when I am logged on to the AK forum, never on any other forum and I belong to several other forums and never encounter this problem on any of the others?
 
Well, my last theory blown, off WiFi, signed in, and Discover pop-up just bulldogged the Recent menu.

Next observation is that its just the main menu's on AK, not the threads...
 
desktop win 11
newest firefox, ublock origin, privacy badger.
no ad's at all. no blank ad spaces, although i have seen that in the past
 
I think is is a Google Ads related thing...are you using Chrome? When I went to the generic browser in my phone, troubles went away!

I think AK uses Google advertisements to pay the bills; no condemnation here, but for some reason a few of us are randomly gettings ads bleeding through even though we've signed in. I am not smart enough to figure out if its our personal "machines," or a blip in AK. In my case, it happens whether I have signed in or not. But just on my Android phone using Chrome for the internet...
 
Well so much for that Discover Card pop up ad being "resolved"......that **** is still popping up!.....WTF!

.....and yes I did post about this issue as recommended by the moderator!
 
I also use uBlock Oriign and, like you, never see advertisements. But, within, say, the last 3-4 weeks, I have started seeing BLANK SPACE where an advertisement is intended to "appear", i.e.:

View attachment 2648389

I see this whatever-it-is two, maybe three, times per "full page" of a given thread.

There is never, thus far, anything "in it" besides the word ADVERTISEMENT.

Same thing (rectangle box) on my Win 10 laptop, using only EDGE`s internal third party privacy settings maxed out !
 
Back
Top Bottom