• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Samsui SC-1110 Speed issues

IowaFightFan

Active Member
I got a Sansui SC-1110 recently. It powered on and the motor seemed to work fine when I hit play. The main drive belt (or at least, what was left of it) had adhered to the flywheel and motor pulley. I cleaned that all up and replaced all 4 belts.
It seems to work, with two issues:

The speed seems to be slow. It’s especially noticeable if I rewind a tape for a while, the rewind speed drastically slows down after 15 seconds or so, and then playback is also slow.

secondly, fast forward only seems to work for about 2-3 seconds then stops.

any ideas?
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom