• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 1000A possibly my first full tube reciever What's should I offer?

Find a local with a tube tester. There's a thread in the Tube Forum with people listed on it. Should be a sticky at the top of the page.
 
That is a 4 bias pot version --you did well!!!! That was the latest version and the best.
 
Going to take a little work. I did not really investigate what I was buying. I just jumped at Sansui name, tubes and low price. Then discovered 17 tubes. I was expecting something closer to 7 tubes. Thought it would be similar to a bare bones Rogue Cronos Magnum.
 
Going to take a little work. I did not really investigate what I was buying. I just jumped at Sansui name, tubes and low price. Then discovered 17 tubes. I was expecting something closer to 7 tubes. Thought it would be similar to a bare bones Rogue Cronos Magnum.

Receiver = many tubes.
Lucky its ONLY 17.

The Ampex simulcast tuner has 14 all by itself, the MPX adds more, then the pre-amp, then the amps. Lots of tubes!
 
Actually that unit looks to be in pretty reasonable shape. All the toobs I can see look to be original as well. If you can solder and read a schematic you can do this restore. Just one thing at a time and patience...
 
Receiver = many tubes.
Lucky its ONLY 17.

The Ampex simulcast tuner has 14 all by itself, the MPX adds more, then the pre-amp, then the amps. Lots of tubes!

Pretty sure there are more than that. There are 3 under the cover for FM stereo and the two nuvistors also, which technically, are tubes.
 
Yep the majority of those tubes are for the receiver portion. I remember thinking the same thing when I picked up that 500A.. so many tubes!
 
My neighbor has an audio repair business. He has a tube tester and Variac. Spoke to him on possibility of powering it up sometime.
Thanks to all for info and comments. As always the community here is very helpful.
Old Guy8
 
Back
Top Bottom