• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 1000A tube receiver

sonix

Well-Known Member
Hello all Sansui fans!


I need my sansui 1000a recaped what brand capacitors should I use?

What other parts should I change?

The receiver has one sets of speakers screws, which means two speakers could be hooked up. Can I hook up two speaker sets in parallel? Will I be drawind too much current? There is a selector switch for either 8ohms or 16 ohms. I was thinking if I run two sets of speakers that are 8ohm rated, I would need to more the switch to 16ohms. Am I right?

Appreciate everyones input.
 
Register to hide this ad
Use the search function here on AK. There have been many discussions on recapping these units and lots of suggestions and opinions on brands!

So, do that search. :thmbsp:

Paul
 
I just recapped my 1000A with mostly Solen caps. (madisound.com) Solen doesn't have all the values so a couple are other brands. I would recap the output tubes first. Then the preamp tubes. Do it in stages so if problems crop up you can limit them to a small area. You also want to find the size of the new caps as some Solens are to big. I'm no expert on this stuff, others will also chime in. I would also post your questions in the tube audio forum. Good luck!
 
Also check this guy out. http://www.tube-amps.net/ he has also helped me out. You may just want to have him set you up with the proper caps. I bought most of mine from him on his recommendation. Madisound has a good inventory though.
 
Back
Top Bottom