My Sansui 1000x was stored away and now I'm working to fix it up.
After cleaning, reversing pre-amp outputs and reversing output transistors I think I have the problem isolated to the output transistors. But as I'm new to this I'm sure could use the advice.
Do you think the output transistors are the problem?
Replace all 4- see diagram
Other problems that may have caused the transistor to fail?
Here is the original thread. I'm still learning how to use forums so I hope this link works.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127415
here is another related link where Stene suggests some alternative output transistors
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11706&highlight=2sc494
After cleaning, reversing pre-amp outputs and reversing output transistors I think I have the problem isolated to the output transistors. But as I'm new to this I'm sure could use the advice.
Do you think the output transistors are the problem?
Replace all 4- see diagram
Other problems that may have caused the transistor to fail?
Here is the original thread. I'm still learning how to use forums so I hope this link works.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127415
here is another related link where Stene suggests some alternative output transistors
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11706&highlight=2sc494