• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 2000x is going for $575 or best offer right now on eBay

DrDoomEpoch

Active Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sansui-2000X-Stereo-AM-FM-Receiver-Vintage-Reconditioned-Guaranteed-/271113740667?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3f1fa3617b


I hope posting this is not bad form, but it had me thinking about a few things and asking myself some questions.

Being the owner of Sansui 2000x I got in mint condition about two years, and after owning two other vintage Sansui receivers, I'm convinced 2000x is all I'll ever need unless I need more power. So if that's the case, $575 dollars isn't that bad if it's a lifetime investment. Most people I know who have or owned a 2000x agree that's it's something very special...

Also, I was wondering if vintage Sansui gear is that much in demand that it would fetch for such a high price...In general what you pay for vintage gear has sky rocketed over the past few years as if the secret is out of the bag, the secret that vintage stuff blows away the plastic crap at Best Buy.
 
Register to hide this ad
I just sold mine, mint , in the box and packing rebuilt with manuals for less than half that- $575 is metal coin for a 2000x.
 
The seller can ask whatever they want. I doubt it would ever go for anything over $200, and that's being generous. Sweet little receiver though. I wouldn't sell my 4000 for twice going market value, which means that its simply not for sale.
 
The seller can ask whatever they want. I doubt it would ever go for anything over $200, and that's being generous. Sweet little receiver though. I wouldn't sell my 4000 for twice going market value, which means that its simply not for sale.

+1 on that pl50. I have 4000 that I bought in mint condition for about 60.00 bucks, and like you I will not part with it:no:.

Mike47
 
There are 16 offers. The first one was on Dec-01-12. That was one year ago.

And you can laugh the rest

I personally would not pay more than $100 for that....lol
 
"Doesn't hurt to ask. Saw a Dual 1219 go for over $600 a couple months ago. Good turntable but still.....
 
"But Honey, am trying to clear some gear out. It is not my fault that it hasn't sold..."
 
Back
Top Bottom