• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 2000X Phono Inputs and Dual and Thorens turntables.

Questions

New Member
So here is a question that didn't any relevance to me until now. So I'm interested in hooking up two different turntables into my Sansui 2000X that I'm using for now as a preamp to a McIntosh 2105. There's two inputs on the Sansui, one that is 50K impedance and the other 100k impedance. My two turntables are Dual 1219 with a Grado Black cart (I'm looking to up grade to an entry level Denon MC cart soon) and a Thorens 145 MKII with a Ortofon OM 30 Super. Does it matter what turntable I put into what input? Or should I just stick with one going into the 50K input.
 
Register to hide this ad
The Grado likes to 'see' 47KΩ load resistance and so does any of the OM series carts. The 50KΩ input would be the better choice, although you may or may not notice a difference.
 
So I also have a 3300 that has two phono inputs. Both inputs are for 50K, so I switched the 2000X for the 3300. We'll see if there's any difference in sound between the two pres.
 
Back
Top Bottom