• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 5000X bulbs

Eagle1

Super Member
Currently cleaning up this one but need some bulbs that are burnt out. Sansui PN is 0420020 63volt .25 amp which turns out to be a Stanley bulb when I pulled them both. Searched the internet hi and low but not successful. No PN on the bulb. Anyone know where I get them?

I'm new to Sansui gear, picked up the 5000X and Sansui Six and QS 500 at a local AK get together among other various brands of gear this weekend. All need a good amount of cleaning and DeOx. This one seems to be the cream of the crop so far. Can't believe the sound that the 5000X has for it's size, perfect match for my HPM-60's!
 
Register to hide this ad
bulbs

Currently cleaning up this one but need some bulbs that are burnt out. Sansui PN is 0420020 63volt .25 amp which turns out to be a Stanley bulb when I pulled them both. Searched the internet hi and low but not successful. No PN on the bulb. Anyone know where I get them?

I'm new to Sansui gear, picked up the 5000X and Sansui Six and QS 500 at a local AK get together among other various brands of gear this weekend. All need a good amount of cleaning and DeOx. This one seems to be the cream of the crop so far. Can't believe the sound that the 5000X has for it's size, perfect match for my HPM-60's!

Pull one out and desrcibe it for us, If memory serves me I think it's a 6.3 v screw in base.
If so either our sponsor Parts Express will have it, or member Dwojo might.
Casey
 
It's a socket based bulb with 2 pins located on the lower end of the base. Push it in and turn a 1/4 of a turn. Much like the older automotive turn signal or marker bulbs. There are 8 of the 6.3 volt .25amp bulbs and 3 6volt .1 amp bulbs in this baby. The bulb manufacturer is Stanley, marked on the base of the bulb, but no part number. Just the voltage and amp rating. Googling the Sansui part numbers turn up with no results. Checked out Parts Express with no luck.
 
Finally found the 6.3v bulbs on Parts Express. PN is 070-160. Now I need to find a replacement for the needle indicator. It's a 5v 60mA. I've seen posts for other Sansui models for replacement but not the 5000X. Any leads for a replacement?
 
dwojo will have what you need. I just finished the same job on my 5000x. Get the lamp with wires attached for the needle. The needle was the most difficult light to replace by far, at least for me. The results are worth the effort.
 
dwojo will have what you need. I just finished the same job on my 5000x. Get the lamp with wires attached for the needle. The needle was the most difficult light to replace by far, at least for me. The results are worth the effort.

Hopefully you are still watching this thread. Where did you get the needle lamp? I checked with Dwojo and no luck. What is involved with replacing the needle?
 
I keep 5v/60ma/3mm lamps around, and 6.3v/50ma/3mm seems to work good for the dial pointer. :yes:
 
Lamp Styles

This is interesting. I opened up my 5000X last night to check on bulb replacement and found all fuse style bulbs. 5 of the 6.3 volt bulbs for the station lights and 2 of the 6 volt bulbs for the 5 upper buttons. No bayonet style bulbs present.

The 6 volt bulbs were easy to replace but I could not replace the 6.3 volt bulbs without some serious wiring manipulation so I decided to leave the one bulb that's still out alone.

Also, there was a pack of replacement bulbs taped inside the unit. Bonus.
 
This is interesting. I opened up my 5000X last night to check on bulb replacement and found all fuse style bulbs. 5 of the 6.3 volt bulbs for the station lights and 2 of the 6 volt bulbs for the 5 upper buttons. No bayonet style bulbs present.

The 6 volt bulbs were easy to replace but I could not replace the 6.3 volt bulbs without some serious wiring manipulation so I decided to leave the one bulb that's still out alone.

Also, there was a pack of replacement bulbs taped inside the unit. Bonus.

Sansui made that model over several years, changing as they went along, often without updating the service manual.
Isn't that cool about the replacements taped inside?
That's customer service!
 
Back
Top Bottom