• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 661: Solid protection for A+B use?

Pablo77

Member
I run 2 sets of speakers in 2 different rooms off one receiver in my kitchen (and want the music to be in both rooms as I go back and forth). My Kenwood 4200 runs the speakers in series, but it needs work and I want to put a Sansui 661 I have in its place. Speakers are Noresco / Isophon (8 ohms or more? super efficient) and EPI M-50 (inefficient; probably 4 ohms).
I don't listen too loud.
My question: I feel that the 661 has good protections in place, and worst case it will blow a fuse if overloaded. (This happened to me in a co-working space with different speakers.)
Has anyone run a 661 in A+B for long periods with a similar load? Ever caused a problem beyond a blown fuse? Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
Get a 8080DB, it runs A+B in series and will happily power two sets of speakers.

- Pete
 
Get a 8080DB, it runs A+B in series and will happily power two sets of speakers.

- Pete
Pete, if I found one on the road or a $1000 that would be amazing. As it stands I'm trying to use what I have.
After a couple hours the 661 is not getting hot and sounds great, we'll see what happens...
 
Maybe just wire your two sets of speakers in a series? Use just A then. I am assuming the 661 in A+B parallels?
 
Safest and cheapest way would be to buy an external speaker switch that has impendence matching protection to 8 ohms. Doing that would alter the output sound of the 4 ohm though.
 
Back
Top Bottom