• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 7000

Ok, sorry to drag this thread up again but I have recently acquired another Sansui 7000, so now I have two of these beasts :D

Got it from a potential customer who didn't want to get it fixed and was going to dump the thing so I made him an offer.

This one is not in as good condition as my first one, the cabinet top is scratched and marked, front panel top surface is the same, does need some caps/transistors replacing, but its all there and does work to a degree so will be a nice little project. :)

None of the dial lamps are blown which is a bonus. This 7000 was made in August of 1971. 221080484

The build quality of these single digit Sansui's always impresses me. :yes:

Just thought I'd mention about this new addition in passing...Will get the serial number added to the database.

Cheers
Glen.
Mine is 221080425 . That's pretty close .
 
https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/s/sansui/sansui-7000/127496-sansui-7000-brochure

arrow-24-outline.svg
arrow-24-outline.svg
Sansui-7000-Brochure-1.jpg
 
View attachment 888519 Hello I am a proud owner of a 7000 as well. My neighbor who was in the Air Force was going to throw it out. I saved it about 10 years ago and hooked it up to new to me infinity kappa 8.1s 2 years ago without servicing or anything. These are the easier to drive models. There was a lot of cracking in the volume but it did play them somewhat. Needless to say the infinitys need amps I know that now lol. I had the sansui service and hooked them to my advent 1s for six great months till the left channel died. Sad day. So it sits for now. I too am thinking of having a full restoration done on it. A great sounding receiver. Recent bought a G4500 for a great price and enjoying it as well. Definitely does not have the same sonic signature as the 7000.

A update from a few months ago I took the receiver in to get it repaired and the tech did a thorough cleaning and it’s working again. He replaced with leds also so it’s super bright. Took a little getting use to but I like it now. If it fails again will have to do a rebuild on it.

AFD82C35-A170-4CB1-995E-B6B977244D9A.png
 
how do you like it vs your G-4500?

The 4500 has 40 watts a channel while the 7000 has 70. If I had to choose one for everyday use it would be the warm sound of the 7000. The 4500 has a slight accurate and more modern sound. It’s nice as well just a little different. The neighbor gave me the 7000 10 years ago as they were going to take it to the trash.
 
Oops my bad...i have so dang many. I'll update once I get home...i have the 3300, 5500 and 7000. Must have had one too many that night???
 
On second look, it's your 5500 that it duplicates. The serial number is correct, it's just not on the right receiver.

- Pete
 
So I was bored and decided hook the 7000 to my little monitor audio BX1s. I had it hooked to the g4500 for years and sounded great. Looks like the 7000 kicked it off the pedestal. The extra watts and warmer sound made this little speakers come alive. The bookshelves are about 10 inches tall but sound so much bigger. I think the secret is out on these receivers as the price is going up on them.
FF235820-77F8-41F0-9169-C4A381AC3D61.jpeg 94010D14-A246-46D2-B6BD-DFD9A8C063B1.jpeg
 
I found out some more interesting facts about the 7000 in regards to its direct cousins.

The Six,Seven and Eight amplifier stages are all direct coupled and have protection on board, where as the the 7000 is capactior coupled and just has speaker fuses. Now it makes me wonder why they stuck with older technology on the 7000 when the output power is higher than the others?
Seems odd :scratch2: Oh well I guess Sansui had their reasons for doing this.

Also spied this on the side of the unit. See Photo. The sticker shows 'EP117V' This maybe a clue as to where this was sold originally.

Cheers
Glen.


Does this mean the 7000 is direct coupled amp to preamp unlike the lower versions - 1k-5k?:

upload_2020-11-21_19-41-57.png
 
192F4DE3-1715-4D09-9D53-29B9E9D50804.jpeg Did a little trading for this gem tonight. I’ll add it and my G-7500 to the database when the 7500 gets back from being serviced. What’s the best was to salvage the stickers? It actually came from Topeka the guy I got it from bought it from an antique shop inoperable and got it going.
221090855
 

Attachments

  • 61D6185B-F4BD-4345-BE5C-B647E951A79B.jpeg
    61D6185B-F4BD-4345-BE5C-B647E951A79B.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 27
  • 54B18F93-3416-4206-8A8E-23C0597C3969.jpeg
    54B18F93-3416-4206-8A8E-23C0597C3969.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 81F9DC59-4B05-44C5-8D70-D6A2B55C14D4.jpeg
    81F9DC59-4B05-44C5-8D70-D6A2B55C14D4.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom