• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 771 vs Sansui2000X Phono stage

55Redneck

Canadian Redneck
May of 2012 I gave my daughters who are both away at university a 2000X I set them up with a newer Kenwood setup and brought the 2000X home.I set it up on my workbench to se how it sounded after over a year with two college kids in their early 20's I stole my Technics SL 3 table from my main stystem powered by my 771. What a difference in phono stage from the 771 to the 2000X. The 20000X blows the 771 away With the 771 I aways had to crank it up to get any desent volume levels, not so with the X I think I'm going to swap the 2000Xin place of the 771 because I've been listening to a lot more vinyl lately. One part of doing this swap I don't like is the 771 has an A, B, and C channel for 3 pairs of speakers which the 2000X is lacking. I seldom run 3 pairs of speakers at a time with the 771 I always leave the b channel open so I can test out new speaker finds to see how they sound behind the 771. Some days I want to pinch myself seeing how I got both of these Sansuis for free:banana::banana::thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
You could always get a speaker selector. Like a Niles. You can have 4 or 6 pairs of speakers connected. Most have a protection button which puts a resistor in series, so you can run more than two pair at a time. Which the 771 can't do by itself. A, B, C, A+B, A+C.

I have had both the 2000X and the 771. (And 221, 661, 881)

The 2000X is a fine receiver. I seem to remember the volume control acts different then the 771. Do all sources get loud faster on your 2000X?

Probably the type of pot used for the volume.

Aside form volume, does the 2000X phono section sound better than the 771?

Rob
 
[

The 2000X is a fine receiver. I seem to remember the volume control acts different then the 771. Do all sources get loud faster on your 2000X?

Probably the type of pot used for the volume.

Aside form volume, does the 2000X phono section sound better than the 771?

Rob[/QUOTE]

The phono section does sound better on the 2000X I've only had a CD player hooked up to the X once when I first brought it back home a couple of weeks ago. It didn't seeem to sound a whole lot different than the 771 there.Another thing that's bohtering me about doing this change is that the 771 has aux 1 and 2. I run my shop tv in aux 1 and my CD player in aux 2. The 2000X only has one aux input I'd have to put the cD player in one of the tape inputs and I don't know wheer the hell I'd put my laptop
 
They also have multiple input boxes, where you can connect 3-4 sources and input it to the tape loop. Find an old Realistic Tape Control Center (3 tape loops for sources and an input and output for the receiver) and connect it to the tape loop on the 2000X then connect your CD Player, and Laptop to it. Leave the TV on Aux.
 
Back
Top Bottom