• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 8080 - where did my FM go?

bigshawn

Active Member
Picked a Sansui 8080 up the other day and the FM was working. The aux was having a little trouble, so I cleaned things up with deoxit. Aux working fine now. But now I am getting nothing from the FM. I can turn it way up and hear something faint, but that's it. AM and all other functions are fine - except the lights for the tuner.

Any ideas? FYI it's the 8080 not the 8080db.
 
Register to hide this ad
Nope didn't clean the tuning cap. And I still get AM, so there is power to the tuner. In fact all I cleaned was the selector switch and the tape source switch. I was short on time and planned to come back and do a better cleaning later.
 
That is what I am going to try tonight. I was messing with it again after I posted and the FM came back again for a minute when I was turning the selector knob. I guess it just might be really dirty - and it's not the easiest thing to get to.
 
Hopefully it's just the switches. I had to mess with my function and tape switches. Took awhile but it's work fine now.

When I have dirty switches and use a lot of DeoxIT I try and remove the excess and dirty grime. Don't let that stuff seep into somewhere else.

Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom