• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui 881 vs. Sansui 8. Advice Please.

bandg69

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a very nice and great sounding Sansui 881. I love it. I now have the chance to buy a Sansui 8($250) locally. Is the 8 a huge jump up in quality? Is $250 a decent price. I can audition the 8 but haven't yet but trying to get together today. It is not listed for sale anywhere so no competition. I already know what I have in the 881 but not what I might be getting into with the 8. Any opinions or advice?
 
Register to hide this ad
There are two versions of the Eight, one with speaker relay and one without. The Eight's build quality and design effort are better. If the price is below ebay, go for it!
 
I have a Sansui 881 and a Eight Deluxe... much prefer the SQ on the Eight (it's the best receiver I've ever heard),also build quality is better too.
 
There are two versions of the Eight, one with speaker relay and one without. The Eight's build quality and design effort are better. If the price is below ebay, go for it!

Do I tell the difference by listening for the click? Any other way? Which version do you prefer?
 
What are the differences between the 8 and 8 deluxe?

Different amplifier topology from what I've read, with 8D being more modern. 8D is rarer.

But 8D came after Eight, so build quality on Eight is supposed to be marginally better. But it's probably like comparing a 9 to a 9+, because the 8D build quality is pretty awesome as is.

On both, you get the cool bronze colored side heat sinks with textured black Sansui logo'd transistor covers. I think $250 for a fully working Eight with all button labels intact is a fair deal.
 
Thanks cap. I can't say I have ever heard a 8 or 8d. I have never even seen one in person. I'm excited.
 
Back
Top Bottom