• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Au-11000 vs Sansui G7700

sansui0104

Active Member
Hello all, I need some advise, I have a chance on a Sansui AU-11000, I have already a Sansui G- 7700 that is in great condition, it has had all the boards inside recapped and the large filter caps replaced, the au-11000 would be around $300.00 more, is it worth the extra money, would the sound be much better. Thank you for your help.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello all, I need some advise, I have a chance on a Sansui AU-11000, I have already a Sansui G- 7700 that is in great condition, it has had all the boards inside recapped and the large filter caps replaced, the au-11000 would be around $300.00 more, is it worth the extra money, would the sound be much better. Thank you for your help.

The AU11000 is a near TOTL model which was built at a time when Sansui products were of a high quality...

The G77000 was a mid-range receiver built at a time when Sansui was economizing their production, and as a result the build quality is not as good as the AU11000.

Both are excellent sounding units and represent the two different schools of sound from Sansui.....

As much as I like the Sansui DC Pure Power amp designs, I think I would go for the AU11000....
 
The AU11000 is a near TOTL model which was built at a time when Sansui products were of a high quality...

The G77000 was a mid-range receiver built at a time when Sansui was economizing their production, and as a result the build quality is not as good as the AU11000.

Both are excellent sounding units and represent the two different schools of sound from Sansui.....

As much as I like the Sansui DC Pure Power amp designs, I think I would go for the AU11000....

Hello Yes I do have the same feeling, I do like the sound of the G-7700, But I am going for the AU-11000. Tkank you
 
Back
Top Bottom