• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU-20000 No preamp signal...

So the transistors arrived yesterday. I replaced the suggested ones plus two caps (one was already a replacement so I decided to replace both channels with WIMAs). I also biased it to factory specs...
And now everything is nice an quiet at idle and the amp works great!! I have a AU-505 in my livingroom that I really love, but I have to admit this thing puts it in its right place.

Thanks for all your help!


IMG_4471.jpg IMG_4476.jpg IMG_4479.jpg IMG_4483.jpg
 
Thanks, John!
Now, this wants me to try and replace those AU-505 trannies to see if I can get closer to the AU-20000 ;) (I already recapped it a while ago, when the power filter cap failed.)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom