• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui (AU-20000) repair in SE Michigan? Help

GannonAlex

Active Member
Hey everyone,
I have a Sansui AU-20000 that needs to be checked out as volume is lower in one channel. Can anyone recommend someone familiar with these integrated amps here in SE Michigan(Ann Arbor) area? Any help is highly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Try cleaning all the controls including the connected/seperated switch on the back. Dirty controls are the main cause of the problem you have described. Welcome BTW.
 
Thanks Paul. I'm rather stoked to be the new owner of this amp. I did an initial cleaning of it before I powered it up for the first time. It looked as if it had been sitting for a good while in a garage or basement so I thought a checkout by someone who knows these units should be in order before I start putting it through it's paces on a daily basis. But maybe a better cleaning of pots, etc. myself with deoxit would help and I should just run it? Would you have any hesitation about putting it into regular use w/out someone checking caps and solder joints, etc.?
 
Amp

Thanks Paul. I'm rather stoked to be the new owner of this amp. I did an initial cleaning of it before I powered it up for the first time. It looked as if it had been sitting for a good while in a garage or basement so I thought a checkout by someone who knows these units should be in order before I start putting it through it's paces on a daily basis. But maybe a better cleaning of pots, etc. myself with deoxit would help and I should just run it? Would you have any hesitation about putting it into regular use w/out someone checking caps and solder joints, etc.?

Do you have the service manual?
That's the place to start, check voltages etc. and see what you have before you fix something that's not broken, it never hurts to do a thorough cleaning.
Casey
 
Thanks for the help. I went through it and cleaned all pots/switches and it has been on for a couple weeks nearly non-stop. I'm LOVING it AND since then have found a TU-9900 to pair with it as well as a CA-2000 I found on Craigslist for my basement system all within a couple weeks. SWEET!
 
a plan

Thanks for the help. I went through it and cleaned all pots/switches and it has been on for a couple weeks nearly non-stop. I'm LOVING it AND since then have found a TU-9900 to pair with it as well as a CA-2000 I found on Craigslist for my basement system all within a couple weeks. SWEET!

Great success story, enjoy!
Casey:music:
 
Yea, I'm hooked. I actually sold some Mc gear and this is now my main system. Now if anyone can tell me if the meter bulbs on the TU-9900 and the dial bulbs (which are the strange 8V 0.25A "pigtail" type) are the same..... and if modifying the wedge type with wires is the best option. I can't seen to figure YET how the meters come off the gray plate so I'd love some help on that....... as I have dgwojo waiting for that bulb info.
 
Back
Top Bottom