Augie Pink
New Member
Disclaimer: I’m reposting this because it’s time sensitive and my original post flew under the radar!
Hey guys! I recently purchased a Sansui AU-3900 and honestly for a solid state it surprised me how tube-like it is, however one of the transistors is messed up so it’s giving me static, crackle, and pops from the right channel. I spoke to the guy and he offered me to exchange it for the AU 217 or the 6060 or to pay for the repair of the AU-3900. I don’t know much about the other two but I truly love the 3900’s sound I just also don’t need yet another broken amp in my home. I have an EICO HF-81 that is at the shop right now so I wanted something affordable in the mean time and of course as tube-like as possible. What would you guys recommend from my choices?
Hey guys! I recently purchased a Sansui AU-3900 and honestly for a solid state it surprised me how tube-like it is, however one of the transistors is messed up so it’s giving me static, crackle, and pops from the right channel. I spoke to the guy and he offered me to exchange it for the AU 217 or the 6060 or to pay for the repair of the AU-3900. I don’t know much about the other two but I truly love the 3900’s sound I just also don’t need yet another broken amp in my home. I have an EICO HF-81 that is at the shop right now so I wanted something affordable in the mean time and of course as tube-like as possible. What would you guys recommend from my choices?