• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU-417 Transistor substitutions

jackson

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi- I have a Sansui AU-417 next up on the bench- Can anyone advise me on compatible replacements for the 2SC2580 and 2SA1105 output transistors? I found a previous thread that had some but they seem to be phased out as well. Appreciate any assistance- Thanks Jackson
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi, you will have to addapt TO-3P devices if you want to stay close to the originals. Something like the NJW0281G (NPN)NJW0302G (PNP), or the KEC KTD 1047 (NPN) KTB817 (PNP). If you want to stick with TO-3 encapsulation, use the either MJ21193/MJ21194 or MJ21195/MJ21196 made by ON semiconductors.
 
Thanks for the information. Will move forward. Jackson
Hi, you will have to addapt TO-3P devices if you want to stay close to the originals. Something like the NJW0281G (NPN)NJW0302G (PNP), or the KEC KTD 1047 (NPN) KTB817 (PNP). If you want to stick with TO-3 encapsulation, use the either MJ21193/MJ21194 or MJ21195/MJ21196 made by ON semiconductors
 
Hello I have a dead 2SA1105 & 2SC2550 pair and wanted to get thoughts on using the 2SA1492 & 2SC3856 pair as sub?
It looks like it might work but wanted to see if anyone tried it yet.

2S1105: https://www.pilianidis.gr/images/sync_products/01-2SA1105/2SA1105.pdf
2SC2550: https://datasheet4u.com/pdf-down/2/S/C/2SC2550-Toshiba.pdf
-
2AS1492: https://datasheet.octopart.com/2SA1492-Inchange-Semiconductor-datasheet-15978152.pdf
2SC3856: https://www.semicon.sanken-ele.co.jp/sk_content/2sc3856_ds_en.pdf
 
Last edited:
They look like they might work, what do you think?
They are almost certainly counterfeit, those transistors haven't been made for decades - because of the extreme uncertainty of their origins I would go with the below suggestion.
Hi, you will have to addapt TO-3P devices if you want to stay close to the originals. Something like the NJW0281G (NPN)NJW0302G (PNP), or the KEC KTD 1047 (NPN) KTB817 (PNP). If you want to stick with TO-3 encapsulation, use the either MJ21193G/MJ21194G or MJ21195G/MJ21196G made by ON semiconductors.
 
??
I have good amount of these in my stock from Digikey of part #
2sa1492-nd
2sc3856-nd
They are REAL SANKEN.

I just want to know if they are good subs for the original Sanken 2SA1105 & 2SC2550 pair
 
??
I have good amount of these in my stock from Digikey of part #
2sa1492-nd
2sc3856-nd
They are REAL SANKEN.

I just want to know if they are good subs for the original Sanken 2SA1105 & 2SC2550 pair
As soon as I saw the web address of who I assumed you would be ordering from, that was enough for me (obscure suppliers), you didn't mention Digikey! Obviously if you have stock of genuine Sanken devices, they can be considered.
 
I guess I will ask again if anyone as tried these
2sa1492-nd
2sc3856-nd
As replacements for the original Sanken 2SA1105 & 2SC2550 pair
They look like a good sub but wanted to see if anyone has tried these yet.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom