• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU-6600 Parts

Brian OD

New Member
Good Morning, I am going later this morning to take a look at an AU-6600. I’m told it is in working order, that’s it. The picture shows that the unit is missing a few of the silver switch caps. In the Sansui manual it is part # 5326460 E-1 Type Knob. I’ve been looking around online and I’m not finding them to be available. Anyone have a source for these? Is there someone out there that could, potentially, 3D print replicas? Gotta see if this will be worth the purchase first before I cross that bridge. I’d like to get this thing looking pretty.
 
Register to hide this ad
Too many of these threads.

No, there's not a secret source to knobs and switches, they're rare, expensive, and eBay is your best bet.

Considering they're metal, I don't think 3D printed copies would work or look good.
 
Too many of these threads.

No, there's not a secret source to knobs and switches, they're rare, expensive, and eBay is your best bet.

Considering they're metal, I don't think 3D printed copies would work or look good.
Wow. Thanks - I guess. Where would you suggest I go to ask this question other than the San-freakin’-sui forum. Sorry that I’m too new at this for you.
 
Wow. Thanks - I guess. Where would you suggest I go to ask this question other than the San-freakin’-sui forum. Sorry that I’m too new at this for you.
Woah there....
A quick search would turn up a lot.
The answer is going to be the same anywhere you'd ask - There's no easy way to get them. I have a friend that custom machines Pioneer SX-x5x volume and tuner knobs, and until someone does that with everything - it's gonna be the same.
 
I did do more than a quick search. I looked around everywhere I could think of prior to coming here. Sorry, for my last post.
 
There is a single original knob currently for sale on ebay for a AU-4400 which I believe is identical to those on the AU-6600. Eventually you might be lucky and find enough to complete the set.
There is also at least one good website dedicated to sansui vintage parts that might be worth following up.
It’s a beautiful looking amp, good luck!
 
As a 6600 owner I can tell you, rarer than hen’s teeth. Some knobs do crossover but most AU XX00 owners know this and when a donor machine appears, it’s either gone in a day or approaches the cost of a functional one on the bay. Keep checking ePay and places like hifi shark. I actually found a volume knob a while back but paid dearly. Good luck
 
There is a single original knob currently for sale on ebay for a AU-4400 which I believe is identical to those on the AU-6600. Eventually you might be lucky and find enough to complete the set.
There is also at least one good website dedicated to sansui vintage parts that might be worth following up.
It’s a beautiful looking amp, good luck!
Thank you so much. Very helpful information! I did end up getting it. I’m in the process of opening it up and cleaning it. It is filthy. But it is playing.
 
about six months ago someone was parting out a 6600 on ebay. i kept an eye on the parts as i own a 6600 too. it all sold, but not overnight or anything. you’ll have to be diligent and it may take a while, but they’re out there.
 
As a 6600 owner I can tell you, rarer than hen’s teeth. Some knobs do crossover but most AU XX00 owners know this and when a donor machine appears, it’s either gone in a day or approaches the cost of a functional one on the bay. Keep checking ePay and places like hifi shark. I actually found a volume knob a while back but paid dearly. Good luck
As above, thank you for this helpful information. Have a great evening.
Make sure to clean the coupling switch on the back!
Thank you. It didn’t even occur to me to do that. Will do!
 
Back
Top Bottom