• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui AU alpha 607DR vs AU X711 similarities question

SansuiJavier

Active Member
Hello everyone,

I have a 607DR (which is really my favorite for its sound) and I have the possibility to buy an X711. Can anyone tell me if the sound of 711 is similar to 607DR or more like the X701?
Between 701 and 607 I prefer the 607, I find it more detailed and with a more "spatial" sound.
I'm looking for a sound similar to the 607DR, but with a different image (the X711 is almost new aesthetically)

Thank you all !!
x711.jpg 607dr.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Yes the sound must be similar. They share the same cirquitry and dr is a successor to 711.
Go for it it's a nice amp. Just take a look inside and tell me if it has a toroidal transformer or a EL.
 
Go for it it's a nice amp. Sólo echar un vistazo dentro y decirme si tiene un transformador toroidal o un EL.
I have not seen any X711 with toroidal transformer, (neither the X701, but the X901 yes) anyway, the photos do not show the inside ... my 607 does not either. Is it very relevant to the sound?
 
I finally bought it, I could not resist the temptation to possess this black beast, it's on the way, I'm very impatient ...:bowdown:
This is the unit:

View attachment 976854

Lovely! Great work.

As others have mentioned, the DR and 711 sound very similar. My father and I have a 701 and 711 (both restored and tweaked) and a 607MRX in our collection, and the 701 and 711 do sound different. The 711 has the same general circuit design and internal layout as all of the subsequent 607s.
 
Back
Top Bottom