• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui BA-3000

møs1

Out of range
HI
In my BA-3000 there is different types of
2SB600/2SD555 transistors, it is possible for me to
buy some original Motorola MJ15025/Mj15024 from same serie.
Is there somebody out there who have some expierence in
use those transistors in a BA-3000, and will you rekommend
me to use them in the amp?

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Møs1

Original transistors should be Sanken.

I have sent you a PM with a possible source on ebay, where I got original Sanken TO-3 house spares for my AU-20000.

BRgds Klaus
 
Semiconductor supplier

I just ordered some original Sanken and Toshiba semi's from Consolidated. He had everything I needed and Ok prices. You can find him in the supplier sticky under CEITRON.
 
Do not use the ON/Motorola devices. They have considerably narrower bandwidths than the 2SD555 and 2SB600. By subbing the MJ15024/25, you run the risk of converting your BA-3000 into a giant oscillator.

By the way, the BA-3000 is a lovely machine! We have one in for service right now.

Fred
 
Hi
Thanks for your advices, i`ll follow them and
use Sanken instead of Motorola:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom