• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui C-1000 / B-3000 right channel issue

BothDemos

New Member
I have a B-3000 Power Amp with a C-1000 Control Amp.

The right channel either doesn’t play at all or it is extremely muddy/low and unlistenable. Sometimes I can correct it by turning on and off or lightly pressing in the Processor button (but not fully). But not long after it will cut out again. Speakers are fine and I’ve tried with others and does the same.

I opened both up and have no idea what I should be looking for. Hoping someone on here can help guide me. The two fuses in the B-3000 look fine btw.

Assuming the issue is within the C-1000 since both A & B do the same.
 

Attachments

  • 3C152246-0E8E-4243-9CC7-982CBF1DA010.jpeg
    3C152246-0E8E-4243-9CC7-982CBF1DA010.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 16
  • 707A568B-1AF6-4829-AD68-414CC1A8A3C6.jpeg
    707A568B-1AF6-4829-AD68-414CC1A8A3C6.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 16
  • F653D2C4-C0D8-4B92-92F3-FDE9C3D278F4.jpeg
    F653D2C4-C0D8-4B92-92F3-FDE9C3D278F4.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 15
  • 995735B5-13A1-4810-8109-A12F7FCC4E9D.jpeg
    995735B5-13A1-4810-8109-A12F7FCC4E9D.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 15
Register to hide this ad
Sounds like a good cleaning of all switches and potentio meters is in order before looking into the problem any further (search for "deoxit" in this forum), both amp and pre-amp to be sure.

This relatively simple action often solves problems with intermittend sound :music:

Have fun
-John-
 
Back
Top Bottom