• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui FR-3080 Turntable

dusttones

Member
I'm looking for some input on this table, the Sansui FR-3080. I can't find a whole lot of opinions on it on this site or around the web. I'm considering purchasing one that needs some work and curious if it's worth it. They say the tonearm starts to go inward, but then starts back to original starting point (maybe just a belt). It doesn't have the original headshell or cartridge, but does come with a Technics headshell and a Shure M91ED cart. I'm wanting to upgrade one of my tables, the Technics SR-250 equipped with a AT-120ET. I could move the AT-120ET to the Sansui if it's better than the Shure. Curious if this is a worthy upgrade or more of a lateral move from the SR-250. Opinions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/fr-3080.shtml

x-posting to exclusively-sansui also
 
Register to hide this ad
Here is a video of the issue with the table:


From searching online, could just be old grease or a lever stuck. Any thoughts on this table? Seems the Shure M91ED gets some high praise around here too.
 
Back
Top Bottom