• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui G-6000 Speaker Choice

sjduban

New Member
Sanusi G-6000 and speakers - I have a couple of sets of speakers to hook up to my G-series, G-6000. Which do you recommend: Sansui PM C100 or Pioneer HPM-100? I also have a pair of RTR Series III, Model 4. Is it best to use Pioneer speakers with Pioneer receiver, or Sansui speakers with Sansui receiver? Or does that matter. I ask because I have a Pioneer SX-780 (secondary receiver) that will connect to which ever speakers I don't use on the Sansui. (I will ask opinions of Sansui G-6000 vs. Pioneer SX-780 in another thread.) Finally, if there is another recommended speaker model, which would you pair with the G-6000? Thank you.
 
Register to hide this ad
Why don't you hook them all up (one at a time) and, following placement guidelines, let your ears decide?
 
What I think doesn't really matter.
My audio preferences more than likely differ from yours.
It's like asking what color should I paint my house.
As mentioned, try each combination and stay with the one YOU LIKE BEST.
Or if you are looking to buy speakers, try to audition them before buying.
 
Thanks for feedback. I own both pioneer and sansuis. I really wondered if speakers and receivers were somehow matched. Thanks again
 
Sanusi G-6000 and speakers - I have a couple of sets of speakers to hook up to my G-series, G-6000. Which do you recommend: Sansui PM C100 or Pioneer HPM-100? I also have a pair of RTR Series III, Model 4. Is it best to use Pioneer speakers with Pioneer receiver, or Sansui speakers with Sansui receiver? Or does that matter. I ask because I have a Pioneer SX-780 (secondary receiver) that will connect to which ever speakers I don't use on the Sansui. (I will ask opinions of Sansui G-6000 vs. Pioneer SX-780 in another thread.) Finally, if there is another recommended speaker model, which would you pair with the G-6000? Thank you.

It looks like you already have three sets to audition. Maybe one of those will give that you OH YEAH moment.

We could offer our opinions, but those would be based on our preferences, our rooms, our gear, our music, and our ears.
There are so many variables such as what type of music you prefer and how your listening space affects the sound you hear that it really is a decision best made by you.
 
I had a G-6000 for years setup with DCM TimeFrame 400s. It was a great combination. The 6000 died and is on the repair list following my SX-1280. The 400s are being driven by a Sansui Model Eight now and still please the heck out of me.
 
I'd like to know what speakers generally work with this receiver as well. I came into possession of a Sansui G-6000 but currently own a pair of Pioneer FS52s and want to keep them. But I also love solid, deep bass of which these minitowers don't have an abundance. So it then becomes an issue of finding the right subwoofer to pair with the receiver and speakers OR new speakers with better bass extension.
 
Back
Top Bottom