• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui G33000

Register to hide this ad
Maybe this will have a happy ending, but the new owner may be enjoying this piece too much...

Rome
 
Rotsa ruck, Silly Boi....I wish him well, but kinda think he WON'T get it back...not at just 4 benjamins, anyway...
 
Oh Man. This reminds me of a time when my older brother traded in our family 1961 Wheel Horse Lawn tractor. I know, it's not a G-33000, but still, the same type of sentimental scenario. The Wheel Horse was part of our family for 35+ years and when my older brother traded it in for a John Deere, my father was extremely upset. The WH was not even at the JD dealer for 2 days before some fella bought it. My dad contacted him and the guy would not give it up, not even for three times what he paid, which is what my dad offered him to get it back.
 
I'm guessing they found out what it's worth after they sold it.
I don't buy the "sentimental" card.

Good luck getting it back for $400.

Rob
 
No way someone would sell one of those back for $400.. Unless they had a REALLY big heart.. but how often do you run across someone like that?

Hard to say if it was sentimental or not... or like rob said they found out how much it was worth...

$4000 sounds like a more accurate price...
 
"You can't fix stupid..."

white_beproblems_london_v6.jpg
 
If you think I am going to return a G-30000 that I paid 400 bucks for - why WTF have you been smoking? A deal is a deal is a deal.
 
they figured that their only shot was to appeal to someones kind hearted ness---- in a word--no.

Still kicking myself in the ass
 
Sentimental value - sure I'd consider swapping it back in exchange for a G-33k that doesn't have sentimental value.
That's a lot of receiver to just give up like that on someone's say-so.
 
Whoever bought the Big G knew what they were buying, so I suspect the seller is gonna be SOL.

:screwy: I don't understand why they would have it in a store for sale to begin with if they had sentimental attachment to it. The sentimental value card just doesn't jive here.

It got undersold and now the seller wants it back for premium resale elsewhere plain and simple, IMHO.
 
Dayum I was in Peoria sat. at a flea market...didnt hit the thrifts.(prob. know which one it was sold at.)
Did find a Akai AT-2600 tuner for $10.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom