• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui or McIntosh...

brandon090

Vintage is my,way of life
Im looking for yet another receiver/integrated that will sound good with whatever i run with it. I currently have L100's which i plan on keeping, or trading for another pair of JBL's down the road and having a pair of Klipsch HIP/Industrial Heresy's. Im not sure if i want the nice lush, Marantz-like sound of the AU-11000 or 22000, i came from a AU-999 which i sold a year ago and somewhat miss, or just go all out and instead of a lush amp, just get what lush really means with a tube amp which means McIntosh. Im looking at the MAC line but i heard the 4100 is better than the 1900 and i really want that fun, tube like sound, when i need to veer away from the neutrality of my SX-1250. What do you guys think?
 
Register to hide this ad
BOTH!

QRX-Home-System.jpg
 
I have owned and lived with both makes. I like both makes. Older Sansui pre-1975 has your sound you like. The 4000 is very like that, warm and mellow. Excellent bass drive. I like the McIntosh receivers a lot, the MAC 1900 was my previous mainstay. Mine took sick (balance pot and volume pot had issues and no more balance pot). I loved how mine sounded. I now use a Sansui 4000 which was my backup to it. The MAC 4100 is a little more modern sounding than the MAC 1900. It has better parts support and some improvements.
 
Back
Top Bottom