• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Sansui QR-4500 Power Cord

peterfranks

Super Member
Greetings - I just picked up a Sansui QR-4500 in nice condition but missing the power cord. Any suggestions for a replacement cord and/or getting power to the unit to power it up. Alligator clips to the terminals?

Past experience and solutions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
I go to the thrift stores, often a shaver cord or the like will work, I'd shy away from alligator clips due to probability of shorting them together resulting in welding in the house, which is always a bad plan....:nono:
 
Thanks - I will look for shaver cords. I should have been more clear - alligator clips just to power it up and check things out - certainly not a permanent solution. Welding in the house - good one.
 
I go to the thrift stores, often a shaver cord or the like will work, I'd shy away from alligator clips due to probability of shorting them together resulting in welding in the house, which is always a bad plan....:nono:

I agree..alligator clips are a bad idea. I had a qr-4500 for awhile.. decent little receiver. I'd take this suggestion..and see if a shaver cord or something like it will work. If i remember right I had two cords that were very similar..but for different appliances.

I guess worst case scenario you could always bypass it completely.. just use care and do a good job at it.
 
most likely the same as qr6500 one .. i used a socket i had in my spares .easy screw terminals too . don't know if it had a number on it .i have got another one but where it is i don't know .
i seem to remember finding the proper one on line. maybe ebay
i don't think a figure of 8 cable fitted . maybe would with some cutting though
 
All great comments - back to the thrift stores and thanks for the link to the sew4less website. gives me a good idea. I can pick up a handful of cords for a few bucks - will up-date when I find something.

thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom