• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui QR-6500 now restored

mcp1

Well-Known Member
I have my QR-6500 back after extensive servicing. I don't know why these go for so little on eBay, but I would definitely recommend this receiver. What a big, solid, pure sounding unit. Plus, there are two identical amps built in for bi-amping, if you so desire. The tuner is terrific as is the phono stage...

img1400oj8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Register to hide this ad
It is a great receiver. Your looks very nice.

Are the lights around the 2/4 channel indicator working?

Should be blue around it like this.

100_2131.jpg



Rob
 
It is a great receiver. Your looks very nice.

Are the lights around the 2/4 channel indicator working?

Should be blue around it like this.

100_2131.jpg



Rob

You're absolutely right. It was working before I had it restored...hmmm...I think a call to my tech isin order tomorrow...
 
Make sure you get it fixed, the blue background looks awesome lit up... I get more comments about that little blue deal than anything else in my collection!!

If my memory serves me right you will need a 7v 200mA bulb.

If your tech is busy, or wants to charge you for it, I can walk you through the repair, I did mine a few months ago. I knew I should have ordered extra bulbs :)
 
Last edited:
Make sure you get it fixed, the blue background looks awesome lit up... I get more comments about that little blue deal than anything else in my collection!!

If my memory serves me right you will need a 7v 200mA bulb.

If your tech is busy, or wants to charge you for it, I can walk you through the repair, I did mine a few months ago. I knew I should have ordered extra bulbs :)

I was just looking at a pic I posted back in September (post # 4 in the thread)..I will get it fixed...


http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184050&highlight=sansui+6500
 
It is a great receiver. Your looks very nice.

Are the lights around the 2/4 channel indicator working?

Should be blue around it like this.

100_2131.jpg



Rob

Got to look into that. Mine doesn't have blue around it either.
Is it a seperate bulb?

MCP yours looks great.
As you say it is really a wonderful sounding unit for only 37w/ch.

Lot's of punch.
 
There is a seperate bulb, but most times the bulbs are good and the solder joint needs to be reflowed. Follow your wires to where they attach to the pcb and check for a cold solder joint.
I had to do this to most of my lights in a QRX-7001.
 
There is a seperate bulb, but most times the bulbs are good and the solder joint needs to be reflowed. Follow your wires to where they attach to the pcb and check for a cold solder joint.
I had to do this to most of my lights in a QRX-7001.

Thanks for that helpful info.:yes:
 
Very good looking reciever. I have one of these too and just can't bring myself to part with it. I haven't used it in about 2 years, but it is just such a great reciever that you never know when you might need it again.. I'm sure you can relate to that...

Mine has never been serviced, but I had thought about it. The only problems it has are a couple dial lights burnt out. I would be real qurious to hear one that has been recapped as to one that hasn't..
 
OK...now it's finished...

The blue light has been fixed...needed a new lamp. Also used Howard's Restor-a-finish on the cabinet.

img1412ph9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]


img1413ng2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
 
Looks good MCP.

By the way, do you know what the tech fixed for the FM problem?


He told me that someone had tried a DIY repair and it had gone terribly wrong, expecially in the FM muting section. I don't really know the details to be honest...
 
Back
Top Bottom