• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui QRX-7001 -- How to access front panel lamp box?

jeeem

Active Member
I'm bouncing back and forth between two recent acquisitions that need just a little work. Both are Sansuis, a QRX 7001 and a 551 -- and both were recommended to me by the trusted posters at AudioKarma, so I can't wait to get them up and running.

But first... I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the burned out bulbs in the 7001 because I can't find a way to access the front panel lamp fixture. I couldn't find a way to take the faceplate off of this model, and the service manual isn't clear about how that is accomplished. And it's such a tight squeeze that I haven't been able to lift the plastic fixture out. It takes 6-8 volt fuse lamps to light the radio dial -- the little incandescent bulbs you see hanging out here are just for the various functions.

Do I have to dismantle the whole unit in order to accomplish what I thought would be a fairly quick-and-easy task? Here are the innards at this moment:

tempImagekOsuku.png
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm bouncing back and forth between two recent acquisitions that need just a little work. Both are Sansuis, a QRX 7001 and a 551 -- and both were recommended to me by the trusted posters at AudioKarma, so I can't wait to get them up and running.

But first... I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the burned out bulbs in the 7001 because I can't find a way to access the front panel lamp fixture. I couldn't find a way to take the faceplate off of this model, and the service manual isn't clear about how that is accomplished. And it's such a tight squeeze that I haven't been able to lift the plastic fixture out. It takes 6-8 volt fuse lamps to light the radio dial -- the little incandescent bulbs you see hanging out here are just for the various functions.

Do I have to dismantle the whole unit in order to accomplish what I thought would be a fairly quick-and-easy task? Here are the innards at this moment:

View attachment 2123712
Two philips screws on the top. Pull the knobs to reveal a couple of M9 hex nuts and you're off to the races. :biggrin: BTW, it shows them in the "exploded view" in the service manual.. ;)
 
Thanks. I'll remember to do that next time! I got the thing loose but my fingers weren't small or nimble enough to pull it out where I could access the fixtures. (Note the metal slats attached to the face across the top.) I eventually got it by removing some of the boards in back of it. Then I could tilt it away from the front far enough to pop a fuse bulb in there.
 
Back
Top Bottom