• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Receiver Question.

Aztek31

New Member
Hello all, I have been a long time lurker and searcher. I have gotten a ton of help from the forums, I am still very much a newbie. I couldn't find my own answer to my concern. I recently found a Sansui 2000a receiver at a cheap enough price that I couldn't pass up. My question is I already have a Surround system but with no pre amp, am I able to use my Sansui as just a pre amp and have sound run through my surround sound. The surround sound receiver is a Samsung.

Any help or advice would truly be appreciated . Thanks.

Phono: Technics SL D33
Receiver: Sansui 2000A

Surround Rec. Samsung C560s
Sub:VeloDyne
Speakers: Monitor Audio 702PMC ( which I was lucky enough to find at an estate sale for $40)

I don't know if the extra info was needed or not, but I thought I should include it.
 
Register to hide this ad
Do you mean phono preamp? Your surround receiver has a built in preamp, just not a phono preamp.

You could probably use the tape monitor outs of the Sansui and run them into the Samsung. You would still use the controls on the Samsung.

Rob
 
Do you mean phono preamp? Your surround receiver has a built in preamp, just not a phono preamp.

You could probably use the tape monitor outs of the Sansui and run them into the Samsung. You would still use the controls on the Samsung.

Rob
Yes I am sorry, I did mean the phono preamp.
 
Back
Top Bottom