• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui S-21U Speakers?

OLDisGOLD

Well-Known Member
Just picked up a pair at GW for $3.00. Didn't find them listed in the database here. Wondered if anybody here has them & what their thoughts are. My probable use is for garage or sun porch system.

Specs are: 8" 2-way w/ 3" tweeter (both cone-type)
60 watts
8 ohms
90db/w at 1m
50 to 20,000
x-over - 4,000 Hz
cab dim 11 3/4 w X 20 1/4 h X 8 1/2 d
wt. 13 lbs

May be part of a system.

Serial #'s on both of them are 393080
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a pair of S-61U's, their big brother. The midrange was outstanding. I think they may have used banana pulp for the cones. All in all, a fairly nice sounding speaker but the cabinet construction was ...meh.
 
I had a pair of S-61U's, their big brother. The midrange was outstanding. I think they may have used banana pulp for the cones. All in all, a fairly nice sounding speaker but the cabinet construction was ...meh.

Yes ............. the cabinet construction leaves much to be desired.
 
In my reserch I ran across a guy that had 4 of these connected to a Sansui receiver. He said they were quite efficient & sounded good for an 8" 2-way. Don't know the size of his listening room.
 
Back
Top Bottom