• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui Six

Nyjblbob

Hooked on Horn's and Tubes. Go big or go home
1st time poster on this Forum.Known/Despised on Speakers/Lansing forums
while I'm all tube and vintage now, I was wondering about my haven't tried in 25 yrs model six receiver.
A piece i took in trade long ago. I know the model 8 gets high praise.
Is it worth restoring? Does it have that sweet Sansui sound? what is the power output?
It hasn't been plugged in. Should I use my Variac to bring it up slowly?
I should add i don't do any repairs myself, and my tube Tech won't work on any SS gear other than Mac's
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The Six is the low end of the single digit series. That said, it was produced at a time when Sansui had the money to do it right. It is very well built and will have the classic Sansui sound of that era. Its rated at about 40 watts per channel, more than enough for most purposes. You are a little off with your dates. They were produced from late 1972 through late 1973 making them almost 50 years old.

- Pete
 
thanks Pete, Yea I know they are old, It's when I got it. I thought it might even be older but you would know.
I graduated HS in 72 LOL
 
1st time poster on this Forum.Known/Despised on Speakers/Lansing forums
while I'm all tube and vintage now, I was wondering about my haven't tried in 25 yrs model six receiver.
A piece i took in trade long ago. I know the model 8 gets high praise.
Is it worth restoring? Does it have that sweet Sansui sound? what is the power output?
It hasn't been plugged in. Should I use my Variac to bring it up slowly?
I should add i don't do any repairs myself, and my tube Tech won't work on any SS gear other than Mac's
Yes! I own a SIX and it sounds so sweet! Sure, it's not a huge power house, but it will still annoy the neighbors without breaking a sweat. :beatnik: The build quality is superb and is built to last. The tuner is quite nice too.
 
Thanks Skywatcher. the six doesn't get the same respect as the 8.
My JBL's don't need more than 20 watts to play loud. Now its just a matter of finding a local tech that can do it justice.
Merry Christmas
 
Thanks Skywatcher. the six doesn't get the same respect as the 8.
My JBL's don't need more than 20 watts to play loud. Now its just a matter of finding a local tech that can do it justice.
Merry Christmas
Those JBLs will be a good match for it. You're a little far from me though. I'm in north-central Pa. not far from the Williamsport/Lock Haven area.
 
Back
Top Bottom