• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui SP-2000

Atropos

Member
Hey guys.

Found some Sansui SP-2000 speakers for sale, 45 mins outside of the city. Kind of a long drive just to listen to if they suck. But from what I know, Sansui generally makes good speakers, no?

$125 for two pairs of them, supposedly in good working condition.

What do you think? Good speakers, good price? Worth a long drive to listen to?
 
Register to hide this ad
Not very good speakers - Sansui makes very good amps and very mediocre speakers. I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a pair, and even then I would probably E-wave them.

Save yourself some money and look for something better.
 
+1 on saving your money. You can find some real nice speakers for $100.00, just have patience. I've got some SP 3000's and they are pulling duty on my back porch hooked up to a Sansui QRX 4500 for back yard ambiance!
 
I like SP-2000s. Got 2 pair. The one pair I'm using and an NOS pair in the boxes in the closet (and I'm really glad for that).

They were the hot thing in 1970. Maybe they aren't 'the best' today but mine sound pretty darn good to me and everyone who comes over likes the way they sound. If the cabinets are in real nice shape and they sound good...right on. $125 is ok.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom