• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sansui sp-5500x speakers help!

redwdetroit

New Member
Hi to all, have a pair of sp 5500x that i found for free but need alot of work.5''paper cone mids are rotted ,but they are 13ohm 12watt 1k-5k.what can i use as replacements unsure with the 13ohms and there are 2 per cab.Has anyone rebuilt these crossovers? the woofers are ok but are cracking through there is no rubber surround what works the best?any info you audio wizards can give would be great!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi to all, have a pair of sp 5500x that i found for free but need alot of work.5''paper cone mids are rotted ,but they are 13ohm 12watt 1k-5k.what can i use as replacements unsure with the 13ohms and there are 2 per cab.Has anyone rebuilt these crossovers? the woofers are ok but are cracking through there is no rubber surround what works the best?any info you audio wizards can give would be great!
I belive I have 2 as direct replacements for the 5500,I'll have to check....

I have two s-115 12ohm 10w ......Looks like they're out of an sp-2500
 
Last edited:
Hi to all, have a pair of sp 5500x that i found for free but need alot of work.5''paper cone mids are rotted ,but they are 13ohm 12watt 1k-5k.what can i use as replacements unsure with the 13ohms and there are 2 per cab.Has anyone rebuilt these crossovers? the woofers are ok but are cracking through there is no rubber surround what works the best?any info you audio wizards can give would be great!

I have four 5" mids from a pair of sp-5500x speakers. Cabinets and woofers were trashed, so I just saved these and the tweeters.

Hope its ok to post this here, if not please let me know.

//Smorgy
 
Back
Top Bottom