• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui SP 9100 at GW

jmoliff

Active Member
Found these at the GW they look very impressive but when I hooked them up they couldn't compete with my JBLs or even the Norman Labs. When I Google them I can't find very much about them. They have 16" woffers and are rated at 220 watts. What if anything can anyone tell me about these. Thanks Jeff
 
Register to hide this ad
I have found my sansui sp-3500's sound better playing classical and jaz type of music than rock or the such with tube power going to them. On sand amps they just never did sound very good and they need a large room to open up.
 
Those look exactly like my SP-X9000's. Very efficient at 100 dB/1 watt but lacking in the bass dept. despite the 16" woofer. A little bass boost with an equalizer really helps these speakers sound better.
 
Kinda seems like a case of the speaker company making them look good *witch they do* but they do not preform as well as they look
 
Yea I'm a sucker for the lattice fronts and the big drivers. I got them hoping they were going to replace my Norman labs, but after listening to them that wont happen. No room to store them so off to ebay they go.
 
Back
Top Bottom