• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui SR 212 turntable repair

BigBoo

New Member
Newbie to Forum.....Restoring a Sansui SR 212 turntable. The tonearm lifter doesn't want to drop all the way to the record. It has the factory mat and the tonearm height is not adjustable. It might be gummed up underneath or need adjusting or spring replacement?, how do I get the whole assembly off the frame to take a look? The bottom is sealed with staples. I may have to check the RCA connections and the ground as well as I got a hum the one time I did get the tonearm to rest on the record before it decided not to drop all the way again.
 

Attachments

  • _VP_8079-Edit.jpg
    _VP_8079-Edit.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 26
  • _VP_8082.jpg
    _VP_8082.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26
  • _VP_8078.jpg
    _VP_8078.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 24
Register to hide this ad
Yes, thank-you, I have printed off. actually the problem corrected itself. I had dropped a tiny drop of non-detergent oil down the lifter sleeve, the next day was free..not sure if permanent though.
The lifter is a lever, I think from the pictures.
I had to replace the cartridge/head temporarily with another because it was causing a ground noise I couldn't eliminate, now the lifter is too low to lift off record, lots of fun restoring these TT's LOL...
 
Back
Top Bottom