Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me locate the correct belt for a Sansui SR-222 Mk1, preferably in the UK. Although there are multiple people selling them on auction sites and elsewhere, I'm having real problems getting one to fit correctly.
One I received appeared to be the correct circumference but at 5mm in thickness couldn't be adjusted to fit between the guide forks without scraping. The platter went round at the correct speed.The length laid flat was: 320 mm (so about 640 circumference)
Another I got was 4mm wide which fitted between the forks, but was too tight, putting strain on the motor and running slow as a result. The length laid flat was: 300mm (so about 600 circumference)
The platter is the correct one for the model. Both the above were sold as suitable for my turntable.
I've messaged a number of sellers asking for the dimensions of the belts they are selling, but most either don't know, or don't reply. I think they just import or drop ship them from China.
I also haven't been able to find any mention of the original measurements anywhere on the net so far.
Help, please, anyone who can point me in the right direction.
One I received appeared to be the correct circumference but at 5mm in thickness couldn't be adjusted to fit between the guide forks without scraping. The platter went round at the correct speed.The length laid flat was: 320 mm (so about 640 circumference)
Another I got was 4mm wide which fitted between the forks, but was too tight, putting strain on the motor and running slow as a result. The length laid flat was: 300mm (so about 600 circumference)
The platter is the correct one for the model. Both the above were sold as suitable for my turntable.
I've messaged a number of sellers asking for the dimensions of the belts they are selling, but most either don't know, or don't reply. I think they just import or drop ship them from China.
I also haven't been able to find any mention of the original measurements anywhere on the net so far.
Help, please, anyone who can point me in the right direction.