• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui SR2050e question

Neebles

New Member
Hi there,
My dad recently dug out his old Sansui turntable (sr2050e) and asked if I wanted it. I gladly took it. It appears that it needs a belt replaced, is there a good shop online in which I can order one? Possibly going to want to buy a new cartridge too.

Also, would you have any receiver recommendations that I can purchase for this turn table? I would like it to be vintage and Sansui (if possible). I'm pretty much building a system from the ground up if you will, but it will be strictly for vinyl.

Looking forward to your input!!
 
Register to hide this ad
It would depend on your budget and power requirements,but I'd highly recommend a Sansui Eight Deluxe if sound quality is your no 1 priority. But there's many other excellent sounding ones like the 441,881,and 9090DB etc.
 
Thanks... I'm not looking to blow the doors off anything. This is going to be a set up for my basement room for when I study (going back to school) or when I just want to chill and listen to some records. I want something sensible that sounds good but doesn't have to be a monster.
 
Perhaps something like a Sansui 5000A,5000X,771,661,551,or 441. You can't really go wrong with any of these.. And by the way,nice turntable!
 
Perhaps something like a Sansui 5000A,5000X,771,661,551,or 441. You can't really go wrong with any of these.. And by the way,nice turntable!

Thank you!

I found an 881 locally that was just gone through by a tech in 2013 selling for $150. I may try and snatch that up.
 
Ok I'm waiting to hear on that, I have a 771 available as well...

You have been a great help I really appreciate it!

So what are your thoughts on speakers, I hear sansui didn't make fantastic speakers... I have been looking at other brands of vintage speakers, but not having much luck thus far. Is it frowned upon to use new speakers? Will it damage anything? Would it be pointless to get vintage equipment but current speakers? Thanks!
 
Well,to be honest I'm not all that up on speakers (mostly I'm a headphone type of guy),so perhaps someone else will chime in.
 
Just picked up the 881 for 150 bucks, he showed me the paperwork for the 100 dollars in work he recently had done on it! I'm pretty excited!!
 
I wouldn't dismiss Sansui speakers, let your ears decide.
Because of the reputation you can find them inexpensively sometimes.
 
I wouldn't dismiss Sansui speakers, let your ears decide.
Because of the reputation you can find them inexpensively sometimes.

Would you happen to have any names of some decent sounding models? I wouldn't dismiss them at all, in fact I was looking for a set before reading how frowned upon they seem to be. I'm really not looking for the ultimate end all be all vintage speakers.
 
Back
Top Bottom