• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui stack powered by AU 517

triple20

71 Cutlass S / Hurst wheels
Subscriber
SC 1110 cassette
SE 7 equalizer
TU 517 tuner
AU 517 integrated
JBL J 350A speakers

If you have never heard one of these AU series amps and get a chance,do it,they sound fantastic!
This AU 517 is 65 watts per channel with dual power supply. They advertise as producing highly accurate sound.
I'll describe the sound as smooth,highly detailed,rich and full bodied.
With the amps ability and the passive radiator of the JBL J350A,there is no shortage of bass,it's presence can be powerful.
Don't really need the EQ but it helps make for an impressive looking stack.
20230305_154107~2.jpg


*edit*
Added this picture today after I hooked up the system with my piano black NHT 2.3A speakers.
These NHT speakers do not disappoint,when they were released,critics claimed no sub woofer needed with these and they were correct.

20230306_101515~2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice stack. I always wanted a Sansui AU amp but never got a chance. Back in college I sold a ton of that line of JBLs and the 350s were my favorite. You don't see them that often.
 
Nice stack. I always wanted a Sansui AU amp but never got a chance. Back in college I sold a ton of that line of JBLs and the 350s were my favorite. You don't see them that often.
Thank you!
If you ever get the chance at an AU amp,you will not be disappointed.
Nice to hear your familiar with this JBL model. I understand why they were great sellers. They sound great,those passive radiators do a great job with the bass.
 
Back
Top Bottom