• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui TU-717 Replacement Transistor Question

Rob Louvasz

New Member
I'm working on a TU-717 that has two noisy transistors: tr08+tr09. They are 2sc711's. I found online that the replacement is a 2sc1845 which I have. The pinout of the 2sc711 as viewed from the bottom is ECB. The 2sc1845 pinout from the bottom is BCE. I think I put them in backwards and the unit still works. Am I missing something?
 
Register to hide this ad
711 pinout is bce.
1845 pinout is ecb.

Reversing the new one is the correct placement.

When referring to pinouts you want to have the xstr sitting in the position that has the flat side with the info facing up as pictured below for the 1845.


2sc1845-pinout.jpg


Screenshot (1628).png
 
Last edited:
I believe that the KSC945CG is a closer match to the 2SC711.The pin out of the KSC945C is also ECB.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom