thedelihaus
Nocturnal transmissions
Well, I've got a Sansui TU-717 as well as a Sansui TU-5900.
Love them both.
Looks-wise, the 5900 is tough to beat. Not so hot in photos, in person it's really a beaut. And that turquoise light coming out of the dial glass is just heavenly.
The 717 is no slouch in the looks department either, especially if you've got the rack handles. And the greenish-yellow light is alluring.
Performance-wise, the 5900 pulls in everything. Nothing gets left out, even the fringe stations I love.
A little noisier than the 717, but what grip and pull it has.
The 717 has some impressive sound. I've (personally) never heard a tuner so wonderful. It truly does have lofty audiophile-quality status, as stated on the tuner info center page about it.
It locks on stations with a tenacious grip. No fuzziness about it.
However it's rejecting those fringe stations completely. Not even a whisper of them on the dial.
I'm thinking maybe an alignment (though the strong stations are rock-solid on).
Maybe some modding is required.
NOTE- hooked up to an external antenna mounted up on the chimney.
Love them both.
Looks-wise, the 5900 is tough to beat. Not so hot in photos, in person it's really a beaut. And that turquoise light coming out of the dial glass is just heavenly.
The 717 is no slouch in the looks department either, especially if you've got the rack handles. And the greenish-yellow light is alluring.
Performance-wise, the 5900 pulls in everything. Nothing gets left out, even the fringe stations I love.
A little noisier than the 717, but what grip and pull it has.
The 717 has some impressive sound. I've (personally) never heard a tuner so wonderful. It truly does have lofty audiophile-quality status, as stated on the tuner info center page about it.
It locks on stations with a tenacious grip. No fuzziness about it.
However it's rejecting those fringe stations completely. Not even a whisper of them on the dial.
I'm thinking maybe an alignment (though the strong stations are rock-solid on).
Maybe some modding is required.
NOTE- hooked up to an external antenna mounted up on the chimney.